University Program Manager ARM
- Job ID #: 11592
- Job Category: Research & Development
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Research
- Department: Research
- Primary Country: India
- Primary Location: Bangalore
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm designs the technology at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Arm enables the development of new markets and transformation of industries and society, invisibly creating opportunity for a globally connected population. Arm’s scalable, energy-efficient processor designs and related technologies deliver intelligence wherever computing happens, ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, digital TVs, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
The Arm University Program’s charter is to enable academics at universities worldwide with state-of-the-art technologies from Arm and its ecosystem partners, developers, and OEMs for the purposes of empowering students, not only to help them realize their full potential, but also prepare them for tomorrow’s industry. To this end, the Arm University Program has been promoting and making available Arm and partner-based technologies for educational use at universities and colleges in India and elsewhere in the world since 2013 through a wide array of both products and mechanisms related to education.
To help fulfil its charter and achieve its targets in India, the Arm University Program is seeking a well-rounded and experienced University Program Manager to be based in Arm’s office in Bangalore, India. The University Program Manager will be expected to put in place necessary plans and execute on them towards meeting clear target KPIs every quarter.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the planning of the University Program in India and possibly also in surrounding geographies based on need. The plan shall contain operational details of education-related promotional activities, such as top-tier university/college visits and organization of demonstrations, workshops and design challenges, to name a few. The objective is to help empower students to realize their full potential and prepare them for tomorrow’s technology industry. The candidate will draw on the experiences of experts both internal and external to Arm, and will liaise with and seek the support of other members of the University Program in Bangalore to execute on plans and meet target KPIs.
- Identify mechanisms for increasing academic outreach with education based products.
- Work with technical and pedagogy experts from within Arm, Arm partner companies, and academia to leverage their support.
- Establish partnership networks for setting up a series of Arm Academies (with curricula around Arm) consisting both of colleges and training organizations.
- Present the program to the various education departments of local and central governmental organizations.
- Promote the idea of the program’s ability to provide education quality assurance within education departments of local state governments from the point of view of preparing students at universities for industry.
- Oversee all operational aspects of the program, changing its course whenever needed to ensure quality of outcome and efficiency of use of resources and investments.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 5 years’ industry experience in program management
- Ability to capture audience needs and deliver presentations effectively
- Ability to negotiate and close complex deals
- Ability to credibly represent Arm to customers, be able to understand their motivation and to resolve their issues
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (in English), properly exhibited at executive, management and academic levels, internally and externally. A presentation will be required during the interview process.
- Strong commercial awareness and business skills
- Strong general management skills, ability to function at senior management / board level
- Be team oriented, with the ability to work independently while understanding and performing the role in the context of a wider team and the international organisation
- Able to communicate customer requirements effectively to Arm
- Ability to prioritise workloads to achieve deadlines
- Ability to assemble and analyse useful data and synthesize useful information with actionable insights
- Reporting and forecasting skills
- Enthusiastic, open minded, reliable, innovative
- Willing to travel globally
- Prior experience with running a similar program for a multinational company
- A qualification in Business Administration
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The ARM Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
ARM Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.