Technical Author- IoT BU ARM
- Job ID #: 11120
- Job Category: Technical Writing
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Internet of Things
- Department: IoT - Engineering
- Primary Country: Israel
- Primary Location: Kfar Netter
- Additional Country: Israel
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Internet of Things Business Unit at Arm is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Technical Author to join its documentation team.
You will be providing engaging, accurate and concise information about the next generation of embedded software and cloud services. At the same time, you will encourage engineers to write and publish on their own, and support the community’s contributions. Your goal is to help create a culture in which great documentation is an integral part of product development.
Your application must include two writing samples (each at least 250 words), preferably covering technical topics or providing instructions.
What you’ll do:
- Lead documentation efforts for at least one engineering team.
- Combine different projects into a coherent guide.
- Gather information from engineers.
- Produce documentation for releases, workshops and ad-hoc opportunities.
- Help engineers improve their writing skills and advise them on documenting their projects.
- Edit and proofread others’ writing.
- You consider yourself an enthusiastic and affectionate author and a teacher.
- You are a clear and concise writer, able to break down complex processes.
- Your writing is creative, witty, and engaging.
- You understand the importance of explaining why and how, not just what.
- You are able to write for different audiences.
- You instinctively recognize and eliminate ambiguity and vagueness.
- You can write and publish independently.
- You have experience in technical or scientific writing or editing.
- Advantage: experience in web services or embedded engineering
- Advantage: experience with Markdown and version control tools.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Launch Award
- Severance Pay
- Keren Hishtalmut (Education Fund)
- Convalescence - Havra'ah Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Company Car Leasing Program or travel to work
- Holiday, 20-24 days per annum
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Special vacations on personal events (wedding, child birth, child wedding)
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, including: free car parking, meal subsidy, Running team, Pilates lessons, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The engineers at ARM Kfar Netter focus on providing hardware security IP and software for advanced system-on-chip components deployed in mobile devices and the fast growing Internet of Things (IoT) market. The office is located 30 minutes north of Tel Aviv in the central coastal plain near the city of Netanya, a popular tourist destination.
Grand Netter Industrial Zone
Zip Code 40593