System Analysis Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 12005
- Job Category: Hardware Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Central Engineering - Systems
- Department: Central Engineering - Systems Engineering
- Primary Country: France
- Primary Location: Sophia Antipolis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
System Analysis Engineer Introduction:
ARM designs the technology that lies at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices.
ARM’s comprehensive processor product offering includes RISC CPUs, graphics processors (GPUs) and video processors (VPUs), enabling software, cell libraries, embedded memories , high-speed connectivity products, peripherals and development tools.
A world leader in processor design, ARM’s success is based on licensing agreements with many of the biggest names in consumer electronics and semiconductor manufacturing.
ARM system engineers need to constantly push the power, performance and area boundaries while generating designs that are robust, maintainable and deliverable to the high quality that our customers expect.
The role of a System Analysis Engineer is primarily targeted towards the analysis of leading edge ARM IP performance within an SoC context. Responsibilities include definition of system scenarios and stimulus, tooling and methodology development, system simulation and subsequent data collection and analysis, interpretation and presentation.
A university degree, ideally in electronic engineering or computer science, although other science graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of bus architectures, Quality-of-Service techniques, and memory technologies.
- RTL experience and micro-architectural knowledge at SoC or IP level.
- Use of UNIX and Perl/Python/shell scripting.
- Analytical skills, with ability to understand complex system issues and resolve.
- Ability to work under time-scale pressure and meet targets whilst retaining quality output.
- Motivation to work both unsupervised and as part of a project team.
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively.
- Ability to schedule own workload and plan tasks.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of SystemVerilog.
- Assembly language programming, ideally in ARM assembler.
- Programming language, such as 'C', C++.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex