Statistician Opportunities– Biometrics & Information Sciences AstraZenecaLocation: Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Job reference: R-001480
Posted date: Dec. 02, 2016
We are looking for exceptional Statisticians to join our world-class Biometrics community.
Due to continued development of our pipeline we have immediate opportunities across our late stage development statistics activities!
**Your experience and skills are genuinely valued and you will be listened to at every stage of the information to action cycle (design – analyse-interpret-decide)**
Capitalising on your successful statistics career, in a clinical/pharma setting, now is an exciting time to take then next step with AstraZeneca. Whether you are a Senior, Principal, Associate Director or Director currently there is opportunity to be part of our brand-new vision.
**You will be joining a team of supportive, collaborative and like minded peers**
Our team boasts some of the most respected Statistics, Programming, Information Practice and Advanced Analytics experts in the industry, focussed on outstanding programme design and delivery of the quality information we need to meet our drug project objectives that drives product development.
**Your ability to act with autonomy is valued**
Through optimising your expertise, you will have the opportunity to add value in a broad range of Biometrics disciplines, including model-based drug development, real world evidence, health technology assessment, safety science and personalised healthcare. So you know you’ll be part of a diverse and collaborative culture of support and development.
Our Statisticians provide highly experienced strategic input, statistical expertise, and leadership to project teams in the design and interpretation of clinical studies and programmes of studies. Statisticians may also lead strategic capability or business area improvements within the Department.
You will be an expert leader in a strategic capability area. Responsible for providing highly experienced expert statistical leadership to the development of the capability area and to clinical project teams. Promotion of good statistical practice and authoritatively represent the company's position in your contacts with External Experts.
We focus on your skills and ability and not your location. We can offer the opportunity to be based at any of our scientific centres in Cambridge, UK; Molndal, Sweden and Gaithersburg,MD in the United States.
Core Accountabilities & Responsibilities (will vary based on career level)
As a part of the Late Stage Development statistics community you will deliver...
Strong Technical Expertise:
- Responsible for providing statistical expertise and strategic thinking to quantify the Benefit, Risk, Value and Uncertainty (BRV(U)) of the emerging product profile.
- Application of expert statistical skills to support value demonstration and commercialisation of the product including Health Technology Assessment (HTA), Patient Reported Outcomes (PRO) utilisation and global publication team activities
- Provide expert statistical thinking to support interpretation and decision-making processes. Define and lead analysis of relevant internal and external information to inform design decisions (e.g. evaluation of biomarkers as potential diagnostics for a PHC approach, evaluation of potential outcome measures, meta analysis of data to provide characteristics to define non-inferiority criteria)
- Develop design options that address cost time uncertainty and probability of success with the appropriate use of modelling and simulation or other techniques to enable the business to make informed decisions.
- Delivery of strategic input, either in a specific therapeutic area or area of expertise (eg. Modelling and Simulation, Safety Evaluation, Health Technology Assessment, Personalised Healthcare (PHC), use of Real World Evidence (RWE), IMED/Clinical TA related statistical issues).
- Lead the development and application of statistical methodology or related business process to improve the quality, efficiency and/or effectiveness of the Group and provide practical solutions for clinical development activities
- Providing specifications and direction to outsourcing partners/providers to ensure clarity and appropriateness of specifications and standards, early resolution of emerging issues. They hold partners and providers accountable for the quality of their deliverable
- Network with colleagues and experts, providing statistical consultancy in own area of expertise and serving as a resource for others by sharing experience within and beyond project team and Statistics function.
Effective Regulation & Compliance
- Represent AZ and Statistics to Health and Payer Authorities.
- Provide support to the regulatory submissions including specification and construction of overview documents, responses to regulatory questions, and representation at Health Authority interactions.
Your Experience and Education:
In joining the Late Stage Development statistics community at AZ your career will demonstrate...
- A successful career built in the health care environment or relevant areas of statistical application.
- Experience of study design from all phases of drug development or extensive experience of study design for regulatory submissions or extensive experience of study design is a specialised area (Safety evaluation, RWE, HTA, clinical discovery interface, modelling and simulation).
- Experience of quantification of benefit, risk, value and uncertainty.
- Experience of effective use of modelling and simulation to improve clinical programme design and decision making.
- Experience of analysis of data analysis in using a variety of designs and complex statistical techniques, with different types of data and issues, from different phases of development or in depth knowledge of relevant strategic capability area.
- Extensive experience of regulatory submissions and commercial support.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical marketing would be advantageous.
Education: You career will be built on a MS/MSc (or local equivalent) in Mathematics, Statistics, Informatics, Life or Social Sciences. Relevant PhD would be desirable.
Biometrics and Information Sciences at AstraZeneca - From data to decisions....we make sense.
Biometrics & Information Sciences (B&I) is the home of late stage development biometrics activity at AstraZeneca. B&I drive good design to generate the data needed for quality decision making on AstraZeneca’s late stage Projects. The goal of B&I is to deliver value to the pipeline by excellence in delivery, improving decision making, and engaging and shaping the external environment whilst accessing and implementing innovative solutions.
Therapy Area aligned activities are supported by the novel Advanced Analytics Centre (AAC) & Information Practice Unit. AAC are tasked develop and deliver cutting edge solutions to critical scientific and business issues in drug development. The Information Practice Unit works to drive the creative use of both internally and externally sourced information in design and decision-making. They are leaders in good information practice, encouraging efficiency and information re-use
B&I is part of our Global Medicines Development (GMD) division, the area of our business responsible for Drug Development - progressing innovative molecules into medicines.
Working at AstraZeneca
As one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, AstraZeneca is focused on providing innovative, effective medicines that make a real difference in important areas of healthcare. At AstraZeneca, innovation is about more than just research. We aim to stimulate continued creativity throughout our organisation by maintaining a culture in which our people feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and contribution to our success - ideas which can make a difference in all aspects of our business. And we support and encourage our people in discovering their own potential, through excellent learning and development opportunities that are available to them throughout their careers.
AstraZeneca welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.