Staff Verification Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 12025
- Job Category: Hardware Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Central Engineering - Media & Image
- Department: Central Engineering - Media & Image Engineering
- Primary Country: UK
- Primary Location: Loughborough
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated verification engineer to join a fast growing team and verify our next generation of cutting-edge Assertive Display Processor IP in our Loughborough office.
We use a UVM-based SystemVerilog methodology and you will play a key role in the team – both with hands-on project work and creating and deploying new methodologies within the team. The role will bring opportunities to lead and mentor other engineers.
About the team
You will be working in the Assertive Display engineering team, a team responsible for complete delivery of hardware, models, tools, systems and demos for our state-of-the-art Assertive Display processors.
About the Media Engineering Group
The Media Engineering Group within ARM has the mission to be at the forefront of advanced multimedia IP products. With considerable success to date, Media Engineering Group is a rapidly growing division.
The role covers development and deployment of methodologies as well as direct hands-on test bench development.
You will be responsible for:
• Reviewing and assessing proposed design changes.
• Architecting verification IP and full verification environments.
• Investigating and scripting new verification flows and optimising existing flows.
• Developing methodology and deploying within the group.
• Full ownership of verification closure.
• Optional line management of small team.
You will require a proven track record with constrained-random verification including ownership of a suitably complex verification environment.
You must be comfortable using SystemVerilog to develop verification components and be familiar with the tools and processes for developing test benches and completing all aspects of the verification process.
You must be comfortable developing verification flows to make best use of EDA tools.
Strong experience with SystemVerilog for Verification of complex design IP.
• Experience of architecting and implementing functional verification environments for complex IP.
• Experience developing re-usable and scalable code.
• Good knowledge of UVM.
• Strong scripting skills (UNIX shell scripting, Python or Perl) – being able to develop scripting to support new flows.
• Ability to quickly understand and apply complex specification details.
• Willingness to tackle varied and complex technical challenges.
• Strong communication skills and ability to work well as part of a team.
• A high level of pro-activity, and a methodical approach to problem analysis and solving.
• Ability to own all stages of a project to completion.
• Experience with formal verification.
• Knowledge of C/C++.
• Experience of FPGA and/or emulation flows.
• Team leadership experience.
• Video, GPU, Display or ISP verification experience.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Located close to Nottingham and Leicester in the heart of the Midlands, our Loughborough office is home to the new Imaging and Vision Group, which provides solutions that will allow next generation devices to understand and act intelligently on information from their environment. With access to great shopping, year-round events and sport on your doorstep, Loughborough combines the charm of a small market town with a renowned university in Loughborough University.
1 Summerpool Road