Staff Layout Design Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 12187
- Job Category: Design Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Physical Design
- Department: Physical Design - Engineering
- Primary Country: India
- Primary Location: Bangalore
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
ARM offers IC designers a wide range of choices from its broad portfolio of Artisan Physical IP library products. ARM high-performance, high-density, low-power and ultra low-power libraries are optimized for each silicon technology. ARM's Process-Perfect Design Methodology includes comprehensive QA and validation procedures that can enable accurate designs with high manufacturing yields. ARM Physical IP products have been used in circuits running as fast as 2 GHz and are in production or development at 250nm, 180nm, 150nm, 130nm, 90nm, 65nm, 45nm, 32nm, 28nm, 20nm, 14nm, and 7nm semiconductor process technology nodes for various foundries and IDMs for bulk CMOS and SOI process. Our layout group works with ARM internal IP design groups and all major foundries for all the technology nodes from 250nm to 7nm. This position is a rare opportunity for an ambitious professional with electrical / electronics background to bridge the gap between the deep submicron circuit designs and process technologies. You will be exposed to the world's most successful circuit and layout teams as well as the entire world's leading foundries process technologies.
The IO Layout engineer will be responsible for Layout development of our popular General Purpose I/O libraries. Layout design team closely work with the IP design groups. Some of the responsibilities are
- Floor planning, architecture definition and physical layout implementation against the schematic design of I/O Interface libraries
- Custom Layout development of various IO functional, power and support cells meeting all design and foundry requirements.
- Validating the layout for DRC (design rule), LVS (Layout versus schematic), DFM (design for manufacturability) ERC (electrical rule) ORC (optical rule) EM /IR (electro migration and IR drop) checks.
- Performing various integration level checks like abutment checks, P & R compatibility
- Need to take care all ESD and Latch-Up layout requirements in IO libraries
- Effectively use Layout development tools, flows and methodologies
- Basic level of understanding on LVS and DRC decks to help debug faster
- Provide reasonably accurate estimates of timescales for work.
- Lead and deliver on complex project requirements
- Work with ARM Design Automation group to continually define, improve and develop infrastructure and methodologies for improving quality and efficiency.
- Drive multiple projects and provide necessary technical guidance to the engineers
- Work with key technical staff within the division as well as other divisions within ARM
- Minimum of 8 years in Layout development and delivery of IO libraries/products.
- Engineering degree / diploma in electrical / electronics engineering
- Good communication skills, oral and written
- Enthusiastic, self motivated, flexible with strong inter personal skills.
- Willingness and ability to contribute to process improvement initiatives
- Sufficient knowledge on Analog layouts which includes transistor matching, capacitive node balancing and common centroid design techniques.
- Familiarity with Deep sub-micron issues encountered in 40nm, 28nm and below.
- Good understanding of double patterning technique used in 16nm and below nodes.
- Hands on experience in cadence Virtuoso and physical verification tools such as calibre / Hercules
- Cadence skill programming
- Other programming skills such as PERL TCL and Python
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The ARM Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
ARM Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.