Staff Field Applications Engineer - Security IP ARM
- Job ID #: 11517
- Job Category: Sales
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Sales
- Department: Field Applications
- Primary Country: Japan
- Primary Location: Shin-Yokohama
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Field Applications Engineer (FAE) is a part of ARM KK Japan Sales force, reporting to Japan FAE Manager, and works as a part of World Wide FAE team. The FAE works closely with Account Sales Managers and other FAE’s by providing technical pre-sales support mainly on ARM IP (Intellectual Property) products to develop and win new licensing at his/her assigned accounts. Acting as a technical product expert, the FAE is also responsible for managing (but not performing) the post-sales support provided by the Applications Engineering team to his/her customers for ARM IP products.
It is important that the FAE develops professional relationships with the key engineers, architects, and decision-makers at his/her customers as well as internal resources in Japan/US/UK/Israel and other APAC team. It is also important that the FAE can create, report, and execute on key product promotion strategies aimed at growing the business of ARM IP products and other ARM products within customers.
The FAE will participate in defining new products or services with Processor Group, System Solution Group, Physical IP Group and other groups. The FAE is expected to maintain a high standard of technical knowledge in relation to our products, services, and competitors.
- Identify and leverage licensing and design win opportunities of the ARM Security IP products.
- Present and demonstrate technical details of the ARM Security IP and other ARM products to the assigned accounts and design sockets. These include:
- Provide technical support in pre-sales opportunities. Provide appropriate product recommendations to meet customer requirements on schedule.
- Create and maintain good relationship and rapport with key accounts technical staff
- Feedback customer requirements and competition update to division and other ARM members
- ARM v8M Security Extension (TrustZone), and its SW debug infrastructures.
- ARM AARCH64 with Security Extension (TrustZone), and its SW debug infrastructures.
- ARM CryptoCell IP, Firmware and its system integration.
- Software tool products related with products above. Such as ARM Compiler, ARM Assembler, ARM Linker, GNU tool chain and ARM Trusted Firmware.
- ARM IP simulation, configuration and implementation tools related with products above.
- Physical IP products related with products above
Critical Success Factors
- Full understanding of customer business and technical development plans in both Japanese and English language.
- Sound personal relationships with key technical decision-makers at customers and a good understanding of commercial relationships.
- Strong educational background and working experience of symmetric & asymmetric cryptography are mandated including but not limited to AES, SHA, RC4 and RSA, ECDSA: and its software implementation on TrustZone environment(TEE) to achieve life cycle security requirement such as secure boot, secure debug and device provisioning for ARM embedded system.
- Strong educational background and working experience of ARM ISA Security Extension and its application are mandated, including but not limited to ARM Trusted Firmware, secure boot, secure debug and their system design consideration including AMBA, ARM interconnect, memory system and CoreSight Debug infrastructures.
- General knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing methodology is mandated.
- Critical thinking of product positioning against competition and ability to present a strong case in front of customers
- Ability to identify customer requirements and effectively report and articulate such information back to product division and other ARM colleagues
- Six or more years of experience in SoC architecture design & verification for embedded products.
- BS Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science. Master’s degree/Ph.D is a plus.
- Working knowledge of design and benchmark environment, such as Verilog, Verification IP and ARM Linux for embedded.
- Dynamic, self-motivated, self-starting individual with the ability to excite and instill confidence in customers about latest and previous technology and standards.
- Good presentation skills, able to clearly express technical concepts.
- Previous experience in a sales or product marketing role is a plus.
- FAE or customer interaction experience is a plus.
- Strong desire to grow sales and win business.
- Self-motivated, dependable, and prompt.
- Flexible, willing to adapt to changing responsibilities and assignments.
- Capable of working as a team player.
- Ethical, honest, and trustworthy.
- Willing to travel domestically approximately 30% of time including overseas travel including US/UK/China/Taiwan and Israel.
- Professional dress and appearance.
- Fluent in English communication (ie TOEIC 730) and high level Japanese communication (ie, JLPT N2 or above). Certification should be attached when applied.
- Working experience in overseas is a plus.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Statutory Social Benefits: - Medical, Pension & Maternity - Work related injury - Unemployment & Housing fund
- Commercial Benefits: - Medical, Travel & Life Insurance - Annual Health Check
- Allowances, Transportation & Meal
- Holiday, 12 days annual leave for the 1st year increasing 2 days every calendar year up to 20 days maximum
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, congratulations, phone bill substitution, benefit club membership, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The ARM Shin-Yokohama office has employees from the Sales, Partner Enablement, Marketing, R&D, Finance and IT departments. The office is a short walking distance from Shin-Yokohama station, approximately 30km Southwest of Tokyo, and only a short 20-minute ride on the world famous 'Shinkansen' ("Bullet Train") from Tokyo station.
Shinyokohama Square Bldg. 17F