Solutions and Platforms Marketing Manager- Automotive ARM
- Job ID #: 12069
- Job Category: Vertical Marketing
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Embedded & Automotive
- Department: Embedded & Auto marketing
- Primary Country: Japan
- Primary Location: Shin-Yokohama
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role?
Would you like to help drive Arm’s automotive progress in Japan and make a global impact? Arm’s technology is increasingly being designed into next generation cars and we want to accelerate that with expertise direct from the automotive community. We’ve looking for someone to join our automotive platform and solutions team in Japan.
This is an opportunity to have a major impact in enabling the automotive industry to tap into the advanced technology that Arm is developing.
To have impact, you will need to rationalize and synthesize the complexities of automotive electronics as ADAS, highly automated driving, electrification and connected car concepts to accelerate our market success. Backed by skilled engineering teams working on CPUs, GPUs, security and imaging, and working with other teams, technologies and partners, you will ensure we can deliver the right IP solutions for the automotive market.
What will I be accountable for?
Your key responsibilities will be to:
· Own and drive relationships with OEMs and Tier Ones to be their trusted advisor
· Work effectively with Arm’s product managers and partners to coordinate market requirements and influence the roadmap and influence and align with others
As part of your job you will also:
· Work with our marketing team to develop targeted collateral and web content
· Present Arm at conferences, fairs and trade shows as well as Arm-internal events
· Arm partner interface on technological topics and joint promotions/events
· Write and present conference papers and marketing publications with automotive focus
· Underlying the day to day work is a strong theme of collaboration across Arm sales, product marketing, corporate communication & with Arm partners.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
· Knowledge and practical experience of the automotive electronics supply chain
· Understanding of automotive applications
· First-hand experience of car makers, their Tier One suppliers and in turn their semiconductor suppliers
· University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
· Several years of experience in marketing or business development roles
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability and willingness to travel around 30% of the time
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
· Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
· Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
· Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
· Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
· Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
· Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Statutory Social Benefits: - Medical, Pension & Maternity - Work related injury - Unemployment & Housing fund
- Commercial Benefits: - Medical, Travel & Life Insurance - Annual Health Check
- Allowances, Transportation & Meal
- Holiday, 12 days annual leave for the 1st year increasing 2 days every calendar year up to 20 days maximum
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, congratulations, phone bill substitution, benefit club membership, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Shin-Yokohama office has employees from the Sales, Partner Enablement, Marketing, R&D, Finance and IT departments. The office is a short walking distance from Shin-Yokohama station, approximately 30km Southwest of Tokyo, and only a short 20-minute ride on the world famous 'Shinkansen' ("Bullet Train") from Tokyo station.
Shinyokohama Square Bldg. 17F