Senior Software Tools Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 11253
- Job Category: Design Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Architecture & Technology
- Department: Architecture & Technology - Engineering
- Primary Country: India
- Primary Location: Bangalore
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Architecture and Technology Group (ATG) at ARM is responsible for developing technologies and products for ARM’s future architecture roadmap. The Architecture Verification product group at ARM develops Architecture Compliance Kits that are deployed by multiple internal and external development teams to prove that ARM architecture implementations are compliant to the ARM architecture rules.This position gives an opportunity to be a senior individual contributor in a team of engineers developing embedded software and methodologies for the latest Architecture of the ARM Cores & System IPs. Engineers in the team are required to develop embedded software, develop automation flows, methodologies, ARM architecture tools and apply software engineering skills to develop high quality and scalable architecture compliance KIT. These architecture compliance kits are used internally within the team and by our internal ARM and external partners. You will interact with a wide range of teams within ATG and with our external partners. This role will also have an opportunity to interact with teams across all architecture validation products, develop solutions for future ARM architecture developments and influence the product offering.
Role & Responsibilities
- Strong individual contributor responsible for understanding architecture specifications, designing and developing architecture tools, embedded software and methodologies for the Architecture validation team.
- Member of a team of highly skilled engineers with an ability to drive forward innovation in technical areas.
- Stakeholder management and strong and continuous communication on deliveries and risks and ensure that all engineering commitments are delivered successfully.
- Drive efficiency improvements through adoption of right development flows and methodologies.
Qualification & Experience
- Good University degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or Electronics Engineering. Other candidates will be considered if they have relevant experience.
- 5+ Years of engineering experience primarily focussing on embedded software or architecture tool development.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and willing to take up additional responsibilities to contribute to the team’s success.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Basic understanding of modern computer architecture. Familiarity with ARM (or x86) architecture or micro-architecture.
- Proven experience in Embedded Software or boot code/firmware development or low level operating systems drivers for processor architecture.
- Good understanding of different verification or software environments and toolchains (specifically GNU toolchains)
- Expertise in at least one programming language (C or C++), one scripting language (Perl or Python) and assembly level programming.
- Experience in writing test code written in assembly, C, HVL and higher abstraction languages
- Familiar with Quality assurance (QA) best practices such as Test Plan development, Testcase development, unit testing and measurable execution thereof.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The ARM Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
ARM Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.