Senior Software Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 11306
- Job Category: Software Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Development Solutions
- Department: Development Solutions - Mali Tools
- Primary Country: UK
- Primary Location: Cambridge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We're a small team of developers who work on variety of developer tools. The tools are a varied set of technologies that let people trace and analyze their systems and applications when running on ARM core technologies, involving latest CPUs and GPUs. If you'd like to see more about what we do, visit http://developer.arm.com/products/software-development-tools and http://malideveloper.arm.com/.
What you'll spend your day doing:
- Participating in the design, implementation and testing of new tools and features.
- Maintaining the existing codebase: fixing bugs and backporting new features.
- Working with partners and customers to help them solve their problems.
- Wireframing user interfaces and thinking about usability issues.
- Reviewing other people's code.
- Writing and maintaining documentation.
We're looking for a bright and enthusiastic Senior software developer to help us build on the current products and create exciting new ones.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- A good degree in a scientific discipline.
- Experience with C or C++ and Java or C# across a range of OSes (Linux, Mac OS X OR Windows) and an understanding of how to write portable software.
- Experience with at least one scripting language.
- Practical experience with developing for Linux using GNU toolchain.
- Strong testing skills and the knowledge of at least one xUnit framework.
- An ability to pick up new technologies quickly.
- Experience with version control system.
- Experience with issue tracking.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Embedded systems (especially if they are ARM systems).
- UI and UX design.
- Eclipse plugin development.
- Agile software development.
- Customer support
ARM is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package
Opening date: 17 October 2017
Closing date: 14 November 2017
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road