Senior R2R Divestment Accountant AstraZenecaLocation: Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Job reference: R-016655
Posted date: Nov. 06, 2017
Global Finance Operations (GFO), operates globally through a hybrid model of captive and outsourced delivery centres, and is at the heart of the Finance function. It is accountable to the AstraZeneca (AZ) Group for the design and delivery of high quality, simple to operate transactional finance processes that enable our customers to focus on AZ’s strategic priorities driving the cash focus through disciplined management of supplier and customer payment terms and practices. GFO delivers record to report, purchase to pay, contract to cash, T&E and data management operations and provides process helpdesk services to internal and external end users, including training support to internal AZ users.
As the successful role holder you will be accountable for the deal related activities within the GFO Record to Report (R2R) process area. You will provide expertise in R2R processes and will be responsible for the implementation of the necessary changes within the R2R transactional process as well as delivering the necessary contractual reporting. Within the role there is a requirement to identify and drive continuous improvement in the process to improve process efficiency and data accuracy as well as ensuring that the wider business changes affecting the process are implemented. This is a global role, requiring you to work across geographies, teams and business areas to scope and deliver an outcome. Successful delivery will be achieved through excellent communication skills, and by building and maintaining a strong global cross-functional network to deliver the business goals.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the deal related activities within GFO R2R from deal initiation through to reporting.
- Be the GFO R2R single point of contact within the Divestment governance framework. This will require working collaboratively with Group Finance, the Deal team, IT, Operations and GFO Regional teams to understand, challenge and implement the transactional financial reporting specifics of new deals to a high standard and within tight deadlines.
- Ensuring the accounting requirements for the accounting issues with divestments/acquisition activities are fully considered, clearly understood and that required changes are successfully communicated and embedded within the delivery centre processes and procedures.
- Delivering the contractual sales reporting to third parties for current and future product divestments or commercialisation deals in a timely manner and to a high standard.
- Providing analytical review of sales reporting reconciliations to understand movements. This will include system interrogation, challenging reporting and local teams, proactively managing queries and discussing month end reports with the Post deal management team.
- Identifying and proactively promoting opportunities to improve and standardise the deal/R2R process whilst considering the end to end process both from BAU and technical point of view. This will include working with IT to support the development of technical reports and the delivery centre teams to drive efficiencies within the process.
- Liaising with wider business change initiatives (eg finance transformation) impacting divestments/acquisitions processes to identify process changes and leading the implementation into BAU.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Energetic, proactive and self motivated qualified finance professional with the capability to build strong internal and external relationships with stakeholders in our global organisation.
- Strong Excel skills and good working knowledge of using a major ERP system (ie SAP) and a consolidation toolkit, such as Hyperion.
- Extensive experience of the Record to Report processes and systems from a large/global organisation.
- Experience of delivering during significant business change across different national and business boundaries
- Experience of delivering continuous improvements across key business processes.
- Ability to remain objective & independent whilst under pressure and delivering to tight deadlines.
- Experience of driving issue resolution across complex system & process landscapes.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ideal candidates will have specific industry and process experience including benchmarking