Senior Manager, Product Marketing Management – Ecosystem ARM
- Job ID #: 12181
- Job Category: Marketing & Communications
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Internet of Things
- Department: ISG Marketing
- Primary Country: USA
- Primary Location: San Jose (CA)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm’s IoT Services Group (ISG) is a fast-growing SaaS business developing and proliferating the industry-defining Mbed IoT Platform. We’re helping industry leaders harness IoT in new ways, gain insight into their data, and unlock new business possibilities.
Arm’s technology is in nearly everything you touch and use in your daily life, from smartphones to TVs to cars. We’re leveraging our global success in advanced, secure microprocessor platforms into the new and exciting world of the Internet of Things.
As a crucial part of the Mbed IoT Platform, we're building close, productive partnerships with industry leaders across the IoT value chain, including silicon and module makers; system integrators and consultancies; resellers, aggregators and ISVs; and go-to-market partners in selected vertical segments.
To ensure the successful proliferation of Mbed, we also nurture the IoT software developer community, including embedded device developers, cloud application developers, and data scientists.
We’re looking for a proven Product Marketing Manager, someone passionate and who understands Software or SaaS products and the value of a rich, diverse and robust ecosystem for a development platform. We need someone who is a pro at forming marketing & communication strategy, working closely with third-party marketing & commercial teams, understanding how to tune messaging to different ecosystem audiences, and crafting a multi-year marketing plan to nurture the ecosystem partner’s experience with Arm over the relationship lifecycle. For a superbly qualified candidate, there is a path to a Director role.
If that sounds like you, and you’re the best at what you do, we want to talk with you.
About the role
We expect our Senior Manager of PMM to become an expert in our IoT Platform Services business, quickly ramping on the IoT value chain and our key ecosystem partners, how our products fit within the overall family of Arm products, the competitive landscape, our customers and influential audiences.
You will join and collaborate with a small, tightly connected team of product marketing managers and a global team of field marketing staff. To be successful, you must build a strong & resilient partnership with the Mbed ecosystem management team, the segment marketing team, ecosystem partners, enterprise marketing, and a business development team selling our products & services to a global customer base. You will champion the needs of our global ecosystem partners into the business units, influencing product priorities, and will solve critical problems that help ISG achieve unprecedented success.
This is a high performance and critical role in our rapidly expanding team and business. You will draw on your successes in SaaS/Software marketing and your deep business acumen, delivering on aggressive product marketing goals with direct, hands-on ownership as well as through leadership working with diverse global teams. You must be a self-starter who can work in a rapidly changing industry in its emerging years; you embrace ambiguity, can lead through change, and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight
This role is based in San Jose, California, reporting into the Senior Director Product Marketing Management for ISG. Your fellow PMM team members will be based in San Jose, and the Field Marketing team will be in 5 global regions.
What will I be accountable for?
- You will work to achieve quarterly and annual Objectives around product marketing strategy formation, planning and execution to aggressive schedules. The key responsibilities include:
- Champion the vision and value propositions of the Mbed Ecosystem team by working directly with the ecosystem development managers and reference platform product managers, synchronizing the messaging across the BUs, and align with our central messaging theme.
- Partner with Arm’s IP Group (IPG) and enterprise marketing team to ensure our ecosystem messaging cohesively supports Arm’s overall market presence and messaging strategy.
- Own the ecosystem marketing content & sales collateral used in market development, campaigns and sales engagements, leveraging base content from the ecosystem development managers, and tuning to the needs of the target audiences. Educate broader teams on buyer personas, journeys and relationship lifecycles.
- Build a strong & productive partnership with enterprise marketing to feed content & support execution of campaigns. Be the reliable bridge between our ecosystem partners’ marketing organizations and our enterprise marketing team.
- Working with the segment marketing team, understand our target markets and the ecosystem players in the value chain, translating data into actionable insights. Clearly articulate ecosystem partner pain points and product positioning to maximize partner commitment and engagement.
- Lead complex and time-critical projects by quickly understanding context and developing a prioritized approach through polished presentations.
- Gain visibility at the ISG Leadership team level by interfacing with directors and executives, and represent your boss at Leadership staff meetings and internal Arm and ISG calls, as needed.
- Be a partner to the development of multi–year, annual and quarterly product prioritization process by influencing product plans, objectives and market priorities.
- Analyze and determine key insights from key global business drivers, research, competitive environment, trends and operating metrics for the PMM team and BU product managers.
- Be willing to travel globally up to 20% of the time.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- BS/BA degree required (preferably Computer Science or similar technical degree) from an accredited four-year college or university.
- BA and/or MS (preferably Computer Science or similar technical degree) from an accredited institution preferred.
- Strong Marketing leader with 8+ years’ experience in internet businesses / start-ups, product marketing management, ecosystem development, technology leadership and with proven leadership capabilities.
Exposure to start-up environment with ability to work efficiently under pressure with entrepreneurial spirit / mind-set.
Have strong business acumen, excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills in English, be customer focused, a creative thinker, solutions and results-oriented, team-oriented, and have excellent business analytical discipline.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor. Ability to interpret data and translate findings into strategic insights and actionable recommendations and solutions.
Experience taking a product to market in the capacity of marketing at both start up and large global brand a plus.
Ability to collaborate and work effectively across functional areas and third-parties to influence and engender confidence with stakeholders at all levels and functions and achieve consensus on goals and objectives.
Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and processes with multiple stakeholders, with proven success over a wide variety of functional business problems.
Core Leadership Capabilities
- Strategic and commercial thinking – developing the understanding and skills to assimilate complex and diverse information. In turn, to create strategic direction and execution that delivers both value to our customers and shareholders
- Leading through uncertainty – how to effectively lead and drive action, when faced with uncertainty and ambiguity (operating amidst disruption and causing it)
- Knowing your leadership style – having a clear understanding of your personal leadership style and values to enable to be at your most skilful and lead with integrity
- Exerting influence– developing an in-depth understanding of self and others, as well as an appreciation of how systems work to be able to drive change through effective dialogue in a global context
- Strengthening and leveraging individual and organisational networks – to help widen people’s perspective and knowledge about Arm and help drive change & innovation in Arm and beyond
- Developing and building diverse teams – developing an understanding of how to build a strong talent pipeline to ensure the long term success of Arm
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs. ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The ARM San Jose office is nestled in California's Silicon Valley, just south of San Francisco. Serving as ARM’s North America headquarters, the office houses employees serving all divisions of ARM. World-renowned Stanford University is seen as a hub of innovation, helping to make San Jose one of the US’s fastest growing cities.
150 Rose Orchard Way
San Jose, CA 95134-1358