Senior Machine Learning Software Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 11580
- Job Category: Software Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Central Engineering - OSS
- Department: Central Engineering - OSS Engineering
- Primary Country: UK
- Primary Location: Cambridge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you an experienced C++ programmer ? Are you interested in the field of computer vision and machine learning?
We have opportunities in a team investigating and developing state of the art machine learning algorithms and libraries.
- Work within a team of software engineers to design and develop the ARM Compute Library.
- Write highly optimised computer vision / neural network algorithms using SIMD technologies ( NEON, OpenCL)
- Research and prototype neural network algorithms using SIMD technologies (NEON, OpenCL)
- Benchmark and develop libraries to accelerate vision algorithms across ARM IP.
- Work with ARM Research to develop and optimise algorithms and neural networks for ARM IP
Essential skills and experience:
- Strong C++11 programming skills
- Strong software design skills
- Experience with API design and implementation
- Experience with classical image processing and neural networks
- Knowledge of ARM NEON or other SIMD architectures or GPU programming (OpenCL, CUDA, SSE).
- Familiarity in developing compute-intensive applications
- Ideally industry experience of product development
- Experience in assembler level programming
At ARM, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global ARM community thrive
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
Information is crucial, share it
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
Make trust our default position
Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road