Security and Data Analytics Consultant NCC Group
Security and Data Analytics Consultant
We require a Security and Data Analytics Consultant whom we can train to become a proficient in analytical tools such as Splunk, Hadoop, Elastic Stack, with a specific and majority focus on Splunk.
We require a presentable customer-facing candidate, with the drive to become a solutions architect responsible for designing, installing and customising data analytics software and associated applications for our customers.
The person will also be involved in helping to develop their own applications to enhance functionality for our customers.
Manchester, Leeds, Cheltenham, Reading, Milton Keynes or Leatherhead
Activities and responsibilities (include)
The candidate will be expected to configure and customize data analytics software.
- The installation of Splunk on a variety of operating systems like Windows (all recent versions), Linux (various distributions), Solaris, HPUX, AIX.*
- Creation and customisation of knowledge objects in Splunk, such as dashboards, reports, alerts
- Configuration of data ingestion into Splunk
- Advising customers as to best practices for configuring Splunk.
- Helping in the development of new NCC applications for Splunk.
- Providing support for NCC customers.
- Travelling to and from a wide variety of customers within the UK and Ireland and occasionally other places outside of the UK and Ireland.
* Note: Most customers Linux to host Splunk components, and some use Windows; most customers will source the majority of their endpoint security data from Windows systems
Skills and experience
- Working with XML
- Unix or Linux
- Experience working with a recent Windows OS
- Willing to travel within the UK frequently and Internationally occasionally
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Working knowledge with Databases
- Cyber Security Experience
- Knowledge of Splunk
- Practical experience with genuinely large data sets and volumes
- Experience working with Regular Expressions
- Knowledge of Machine Learning, preferably with Python
- Red Hat or derivative
- Windows Server 2008 or more recent
- Working with AWS, Azure, or other VPC solution
About NCC Group
NCC Group is a global expert in cyber security and risk mitigation, working with businesses to protect their brand, value and reputation against the ever-evolving threat landscape.
With our knowledge, experience and global footprint, we are best placed to help businesses identify, assess, mitigate & respond to the risks they face.
We are passionate about making the Internet safer and revolutionising the way in which organisations think about cyber security.
Headquartered in Manchester, UK, with over 35 offices across the world, NCC Group employs more than 2,000 people and is a trusted advisor to 15,000 clients worldwide.
If your skills and experience meet the needs of the role requirement, we will endeavour to respond to every application within 10 working days, however, if you haven’t heard back from us within this timeframe on this occasion your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful but please do continue to keep an eye on our career opportunities as there may be other more suitable roles.
**** Please note that this role has background clearance as mandatory due to the nature of the work NCC Group does. To apply, you must be willing and able to undergo the vetting process ****