Scientist I- Oncology Research (T-Cell Immunology) AstraZenecaLocation: Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
Job reference: R-013833
Posted date: Sep. 07, 2017
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Scientist I in Gaithersburg, MD you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
MedImmune seeks an innovative and highly self-motivated Scientist I who has a strong record of success conducting Immuno-Oncology (IO) research. The successful candidate will conduct laboratory bench research with leadership potential as part of a group that supports Oncology Research discovery efforts. The scientist in this role will investigate novel cellular and molecular mechanisms in the IO space, and will be tasked to establish new technology platforms, interrogate relevant biological questions, and support preclinical drug discovery programs.
- A Master’s Degree in Biological Sciences or similar field with 15+ years of Oncology or Immunology industry experience or a PhD in Immunology or Oncology with 5+ years of industry experience
- 5+ years’ experience conducting immunology research in a laboratory setting; a focus on T cell immunology is preferred
- Ability to be proactive and innovative; work independently and publish in peer-reviewed journals
- Extensive work utilizing primary human and/or rodent immune cells in addition to use of in vivo syngeneic mouse tumor models
- Expertise in the development, execution, and interpretation of immunoassays
- Ability to multitask and prioritize a number of different projects
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in multi-color flow cytometry is essential
- Strong hands-on skills in immunological and biochemical methods including ELISA/multiplex assays, ELISPOT, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, etc.
- Knowledge of immunometabolism and T cell signaling pathways is strongly preferred
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.