Research Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 12177
- Job Category: Research & Development
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Research
- Department: Research
- Primary Country: UK
- Primary Location: Cambridge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At Arm, our research engineers hit the ground running, working on projects that will shape the technology enabling tomorrow's computing. You’ll get the immediate opportunity to work on projects that matter, alongside the established research team, product engineers and the wider Arm ecosystem. You'll learn a lot, and also have fun along the way. This is your chance to use recent research skills gained during a PhD or MSc and work on cutting-edge technology across the complete spectrum of computing from autonomous vehicles to supercomputers. Join Arm Research today, and help us shape the future of computing.
The Research Engineer will join Arm Research’s Architecture team, working at the hardware/software interface, evolving and innovating Arm’s architecture to provide more efficient solutions to today and tomorrow’s computing problems. You will investigate, measure, and model solutions to these problems. You will create, and evolve high-level specifications that will provide insight for Arm's researchers, architects and micro-architects. You will get the opportunity to communicate your findings both to the wider Research team and to key stakeholders across Arm's product groups.
MS/MEng/PhD in CS/EE/CE with a focus on Computer Architecture.
- A strong background in one of CS/EE/CE, with a focus on Computer Architecture.
- Excellent understanding of CPU architecture fundamentals, functionality and behavior.
- Ability to innovate and implement novel concepts.
- Experience with architecture simulation tools and methodologies.
- Strong programming skills (C, C++, Python).
- Ability to clearly communicate complex issues.
- Familiar with recent research in Computer Architecture.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus
- Collaboration and communication
- Creativity and innovation
- Team and personal development
- Impact and influence
- Deliver on your promises
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road