QC Analyst - (Frederick, MD) AstraZenecaLocation: Frederick, Maryland, United States
Job reference: R-016852
Posted date: Nov. 14, 2017
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a QC Analyst in Frederick, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will perform quality control testing activities, dependent upon assigned area, including the following:
- You will be responsible for conducting raw materials, in process, finished product and stability testing according to standard operating procedures.
- You will complete appropriate documentation supporting testing procedures, including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, and inventory forms.
- You will apply knowledge of good manufacturing practices and good laboratory practices on a daily basis.
- You will calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment according to standard operating procedures.
- You will maintain lab instrumentation according to maintenance schedules.
- You will maintain supply levels to support performance of assigned duties.
- You will identify and troubleshoot equipment problems.
- You will enter data evaluated for compliance to specifications and reports abnormalities.
- You will read, understand, and follow SOP’s and comply with cGMP’s
You will be responsible for writing new standard operating procedures or revising existing documentation.
You will apply critical thought to solving problems.
Ability to understand and perform analytical techniques. Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques associated with specific tasks.
Preferred Education & Experience
Bachelors: Scientific / Biotech / Pharmaceutical field of study, preferred 0-5 years of experience.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Freedom to Act
General supervision and instructions given for routine work. Detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
Errors can be detected and corrected.
Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own organization. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.