Project Manager ARM
- Job ID #: 11798
- Job Category: Project Management
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Development Solutions
- Department: Development Solutions - Projects
- Primary Country: UK
- Primary Location: Cambridge
- Additional Country: UK
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
ARM is looking for a Project Manager to join the Development Solutions Group. In this interesting and varied role, you would be managing a number of software projects and engineering teams, and interacting with many groups, teams and stakeholders across the company in a fast-paced environment.
The Development Solutions Group (DSG) develops and markets integrated software tools to silicon partners and OEM customers. The product portfolio includes ARM DS-5 Development Tools, Fast Models, Cycle Accurate Models, Keil MCU tools, Enterprise and HPC Software Development Tools, GNU Tools and the ARM Compiler. These tools support software development for all ARM CPUs both with, and in advance of the availability of, target silicon.
The DSG vision is to help our customers create innovative and energy efficient ARM Powered products, using powerful and easy to use development tools. Our mission is to create or enable tools that improve ARM system performance, productivity or time to market.
Effective project management is central to successful delivery within DSG. Our Project Managers play a leading role in the multi-disciplinary team, and are accountable for ensuring delivery of high quality products from conception through to release. This is achieved through close collaboration with Engineering and Product Management, typically lead and coordinated by the Project Manager. The Project Manager must also coordinate with program managers and other project managers to ensure project and product dependencies (intra- and inter-group) are identified and managed effectively
To be considered for this role, applicants must have previous experience in managing complex software projects using iterative / agile development methods. Essential skills include excellent communication skills, a high degree of initiative and enough leadership and commitment to engage the team and drive your projects through to success.
Key Accountabilities Ability to work constructively within given standards and methodologies and to help continually develop and improve the processes
- Work with internal teams and stakeholders to manage expectations and to deliver effective solutions.
- Collaborate with the project team and all key stakeholders to produce and maintain viable project collateral covering schedule, resource, functionality, dependencies and risk.
- Proactively monitor and manage any changes to requirements, scope and schedule.
- Work with the product management team to ensure communication, understanding and successful implementation of the product marketing requirements for the project.
- Collaborate with the engineering and technical leads to ensure holistic leadership and support for the engineering team, enabling the Team to achieve the project goals.
- Identify, analyze and communicate the project risks in order to anticipate and mitigate problems in the project.
- Discover, monitor and communicate inter-group and inter-project dependencies, assisting in the resolution of differences.
- Work as part of the DSG internal audit team in order to identify improvement areas and propagate best practice across the division and wider organization.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience of managing software projects, preferably in an Agile or iterative environment.
- Ability to lead, influence and motivate engineering teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High degree of initiative and self-motivation.
- Commitment – a strong desire to see tasks through to completion.
- Pro-activity – an independent and pragmatic approach to problem solving.
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload in a fast-paced environment.
- A role related Degree or equivalent.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- High degree of organisational skills.
- Experience of managing projects across multiple locations.
- Formal project management qualification (PMP or similar).
- General understanding of hardware / software design.
- Familiarity with project and development management tools e.g. Microsoft Project, Jira, Confluence.
- Engineering background.
- Understanding of a range of hardware and software development lifecycle methods (e.g., waterfall, iterative, agile).
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
This role will be based in Cambridge, but there may be some travel to other offices as required.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road