Product Manager - IoT Systems ARM
- Job ID #: 10899
- Job Category: Product Marketing
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Central Engineering - Systems
- Department: Central Engineering - Marketing
- Primary Country: UK
- Primary Location: Cambridge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Would you like to take an active role in the IoT revolution?
Join ARM to be at the heart of the action, and change the world! We are looking for a Product Manager for IoT Systems, in the Systems and Software Group (SSG), to take responsibility for marketing ARM’s IP products for IoT.
You will take responsibility for IoT system IP products throughout their entire lifecycle. You will be at the epicentre of the creative forces at work to connect embedded systems to the cloud, combine hardware and software IP products, bring to life the creation of tomorrow’s one trillion IoT nodes, and apply your skillset to make ARM solutions successful!
This challenging but rewarding product marketing role provides an exciting opportunity to interact directly with the leading semiconductor manufacturers and some of the largest consumer electronics providers worldwide. The role will require enthusiasm, frequent travel overseas and a passion for innovation.
What will I be accountable for?
• Be the marketing champion for ARM IoT system activities, with specific focus on power constrained IoT nodes
• Manage the product lifecycle starting with the system product definition through approvals, development, release and maintenance, and manage the product set-up in the internal database systems
• Ensure market requirements are captured and translated correctly into engineering product requirements
• Prepare business plan, and get product features and engineering schedules signed off against it
• Monitor technical schedules and make feature trade-offs where necessary
• Develop and present marketing collateral including slides, white papers, and customer value propositions
• Analyze the competitive landscape, and produce benchmarks and product positioning messaging
• Develop IoT strategies in conjunction with segment marketing to track the industry trends, explore new markets or expand existing ones and secure key industry and OEM endorsements
• Support sales and application engineering teams as the product expert, provide suitable product training and support to sell effectively
• Collaborate and align across many different ARM groups (hardware and software) and third-parties to ensure a complete eco-system around the ARM System IP
• Plan and execute marketing communications activities with ARM Marcom to encompass media and analyst briefings, product launches, conferences
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
Essential Skills & Experience
• Strong engineering background in micro-electronics or embedded computing
• Good knowledge of hardware SoC platforms
• Experience in a technical marketing sales or marketing role – note that IoT system-on-chip engineers with strong customer experience will also be considered
• Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively with other team members, customers and suppliers
• Understanding of implementation and process technology
• Experience writing business plans and commercial justifications
• Willingness to travel to meet with customers and colleagues
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience in hardware design process and embedded software development
- Experience in working with open source communities and software ecosystems
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Capable of working as a team player or independently
• High degree of initiative and a proven problem solver
- Personable and able to work and communicate at a detailed or high level
- Excellent analytic and information seeking skills
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road