Principal Verification Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 11186
- Job Category: Hardware Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Central Engineering - Media & Image
- Department: Central Engineering - Media & Image Engineering
- Primary Country: UK
- Primary Location: Cambridge
- Additional Country: UK
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Imaging and Vision Group (IVG) in ARM has the mission to be at the forefront of advanced Computer Vision and Neural Network IP products. You will use coverage-driven constrained-random verification techniques to test our next generation designs and ensure our products are released quickly and bug free.
Verification of high performance, low power Computer Vision products to drive an ever-increasing range of embedded devices is a vast and exciting challenge. At ARM, verification is a significant and rewarding part of the IP development process. For each development, the verification activity is planned and executed by a dedicated team who are involved in all stages of the project from architecture and methodology definition, to design sign-off.
About the team
You will be part of a small team in our main office in Cambridge. Your team will include design, verification, modelling and software engineers.
What will you be accountable for?
The role requires hands-on experience of simulation-based verification using a coverage-driven constrained-random methodology. You will own a SystemVerilog/UVM test bench and will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and assessing proposed design changes.
- Planning and estimation of your work.
- Developing and maintaining the test bench.
- Gathering and reporting metrics.
- Verification closure to ensure bug-free designs.
You will be working within a team of engineers with a diverse set of skills from both hardware and software disciplines.
The team is responsible for verifying ARM’s next-generation Computer Vision products.
You will require hands-on experience with simulation-based verification using SystemVerilog and UVM including specification and design of the test bench, developing tests, debugging issues and closing coverage.
The team is exposed to a wide range of tools, languages & methodologies, and has a lot of autonomy in deciding how to accomplish our objectives. Techniques such as unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration help us deliver quality results.
- Experience with SystemVerilog for verification.
- Experience of architecting and implementing functional verification environments for complex IP.
- Knowledge of UVM.
- Ability to quickly understand and apply complex specification details.
- Willingness to tackle varied and complex technical challenges.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well as part of a team.
- Experience with Machine Intelligence, Neural Networks or Computer Vision.
- Experience with UNIX development environments and scripting skills.
- Knowledge of C/C++.
- Experience with formal verification.
- Experience working and communication with remote design centres.
About the Imaging and Vision Group
The Imaging and Vision Group produces products hardware and software products for mobile and embedded devices. Our product portfolio includes ISP, Computer Vision and Display Enhancement IP.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road