Principal Information Developer ARM
- Job ID #: 11439
- Job Category: Technical Writing
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Architecture & Technology
- Department: Architecture & Technology - Engineering
- Primary Country: UK
- Primary Location: Cambridge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced technical author, with strong leadership capabilities, who wants to work on ground-breaking digital technology. If you have an interest in computing technology, excellent communication skills, and a detail-orientated and pro-active approach, we could very well be your next step for growth. Join our Cambridge-based team of technical authors and be a part of ARM, the world’s leading semiconductor IP company.
Your Architecture and Technology colleagues work on developing and documenting new ARM Architecture. They take a system-level perspective, and define requirements and solutions to ensure that future IP is innovative and of the highest quality.
Your job is to lead a team of information developers to create well written and structured specification documents. You and your team will work closely with ARM architects (both hardware and software) to understand and document ARM architecture.
Our information developers work in a flexible, supportive, and collaborative environment. Their skills are highly valued, and extensive education, on-the-job training, and mentoring are provided to support their growth and career progression.
- Leading a team of information developers to produce timely, quality documentation
- Working closely with key stakeholders to understand user requirements.
- Planning, tracking, and reporting on documentation projects including resource management.
- Continuously improving and implementing processes and best practices for developing documentation.
- Writing architectural specifications in collaboration with ARM’s architects.
- Writing structured content that maximizes comprehension and ease of use, and eliminates ambiguity without the loss of precision.
- Ensuring that documentation complies with corporate and architectural standards.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members.
Education and qualifications:
- A good degree or post-graduate qualification in a relevant subject, for example:
- Comparative linguistics.
- Computer science (either hardware or software related).
- Electronic engineering.
- Other degree or post-graduate qualification in relevant field.
- Alternative information development experience in a relevant technical area.
- Proven track record in writing technnical specification documents for global audiences.
- Interest in maintaining rigour and precision while producing and editing highly-specialized material.
- Willingness to engage deeply with technical material, and ability to understand difficult technical concepts.
- Relevant experience and interest in technology, actively seeking to develop new knowledge and skills.
- Result oriented problem solver with a strong commitment to quality
- You have a collaborative mindset and enjoy contributing to and driving a dynamic team
- Leadership in a technical authoring environment.
- Knowledge of
- Waterfall and agile project management methodologies
- ARM Architecture.
- System-on-Chip interconnect technology.
- Embedded operating system.
At ARM, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global ARM community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, ARM is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to ARM's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road