Principal Engineer, Performance Analysis ARM
- Job ID #: 11454
- Job Category: Design Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Central Engineering - Systems
- Department: Central Engineering - Systems Engineering
- Primary Country: India
- Primary Location: Bangalore
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for an experienced engineer for the Pre-Silicon IP Performance Analysis and Benchmarking team in ARM Bangalore. In this position you will be responsible for analyzing, and improving performance of ARM A-profile CPUs and System IPs using industry standard benchmarks, microbenchmarks, and use cases. This role provides you with the opportunity to closely collaborate with the architects and design teams to identify microarchitecture performance bottlenecks, explore techniques to optimize them and interface with product managers to track performance of an IP.
- Delivering to the performance reports of the ARM CPU IPs and all associated analysis aspects
- Interfacing with the stakeholders across design, micro-architechture, software and marketing to drive the product performance summary reports
- Deep dive and understanding of benchmarks and performance analysis.
Characteristics & Requirements
- Communicate well across teams in ARM, both local and across sites -
- Motivated, result-focused lead who is able to work in a team and lead a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Qualification & Experience
- Btech/B.S. or MTech/M.S. in Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science plus relevant experience
- 13+ years of industry experience
Essential Skills & Experience
- Experience with Pre-Silicon performance analysis/verification on CPU/GPU/System models/RTL OR a extensive experience in RTL validation with a desire to diversify and hone skills in performance analysis/verification
- Solid foundation in Computer Architecture and multiprocessor system architecture concepts
- Systematic working methodology required for designing experiments, performance measurement, and performance analysis
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of ARM architecture
- Knowledge of performance aspects of CPU and SoC
- Experience with developing microbenchmarks for stressing CPU and System components
- Familiarity with industry standard benchmarks used for benchmarking core and system performance
- Fluent with C/C++ programming and scripting (e.g. PERL)
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.