Post Doctoral Fellow - Immuno-Oncology AstraZenecaLocation: Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
Job reference: R-014573
Posted date: Sep. 22, 2017
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As a Postdoctoral Fellow – Immuno-Oncology in Gaithersburg, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Department of Oncology Research at MedImmune, LLC is seeking a highly motivated immuno-oncologist for a postdoctoral fellowship, developing and leading an independent research project investigating the role of cancer stem cells in immune evasion. You will utilize a background in immune-oncology to research the molecular mechanisms of antigen presentation that cancer stem cells utilize to interact with tumor-infiltrating leukocytes. This position is a hands-on, laboratory based position, whereby you will be expected to present findings to field-related internal and external audiences. The position offers a unique opportunity for a talented scientist to work in a dynamic and innovative environment and to develop their career at the interface of basic research and drug discovery.
- Ph.D. in Immunology or related field with 0-3 years of postdoctoral experience
- Experience in cancer immunology research
- Experience with neoantigens and/or antigen presentation biology and assays
- Strong cell biology experience in tissue culture techniques, isolation and culture of primary cells and the use of co-culture systems
- Strong skills in proteomics and transcriptomics
- Experience executing and analyzing multicolor flow cytometry
- Strong knowledge of stem cell culture methods
- Make detailed observations, analyze data, and interpret results independently.
- Preparation of precise technical summaries, protocols, quantitative analyses, and maintenance of appropriate documentation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Experience in isolation of rare cell populations
- Experience with Mass Spectrometry or similar bioanalytical platforms
- Experience with Polysolver, NetMHC, or comparable software
- In vivo experience with xenograft models, syngeneic, and/or GEM models
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.