PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST (001425) Inmarsat
- Location: London, Greater London
- Employment type: Permanent
Inmarsat has recently established a Global Procurement team who will support the organisation, both today and in the future. The business has been acquisitive and is going through a period of integration and consolidation. To support this exciting transformation we are establishing a highly efficient Procurement Operations team, who will work alongside the Category Management team, ensuring we deliver a seamless and effective Procurement service to the business.
To deliver an effective procurement service to the business whilst still ensuring that goods and services are procured in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Support the Head of Procurement and Contract Operations in implementing the Procurement Operating model for the business.
- Support the implementation of a vendor consolidation programme working with the Category team and business to ensure this aligns with the overall business strategy.
- Produce and manage sourcing activities (RFx) for key areas of spend within defined area of responsibility.
- Lead/support on related negotiations with suppliers to ensure savings are achieved, and value for money and efficiencies are secured for the business.
- Suggest areas where the implementation of procurement technology/transaction reduction strategies (for example P-card, electronic invoicing, catalogues) would improve processes and deliver efficiencies.
- Devise, collect and analyse spend and market data in support of procurement strategies
- Manage supplier contracts in line with policies and procedures to drive both value and compliance for the Company. Implement Inmarsat terms wherever possible.
- Creating and issuing clean purchase orders in line with the service levels agreed with the business
- Ensure close working relationship with key areas of the business such as requsitioners, Accounts payable, Finance operations etc.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of integrated computer based procurement systems (SAP/ERP/MS office)
- Management of end to end RFP/ERP systems and processes, contract award and supplier management methodologies
- Strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- Familiar with standard/simple contractual frameworks
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Educated to degree level
- CIPS or working towards
- Experience working in a complex global or multisite FTSE100/FTSE250