Multichannel/Digital Analytics, Sr. Analyst AstraZenecaLocation: Wilmington, Delaware, United States
Job reference: R-013958
Posted date: Sep. 11, 2017
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Multichannel/Digital Analytics, Sr. Analyst in Wilmington DE, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives. North American Commercial is the 'face' of AstraZeneca and MedImmune to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
As a Multichannel/Digital Analytics Sr. Analyst, you will analyze data and develop insights across offline and online marketing channels to drive efficiency and effectiveness for our brands. This individual will closely collaborate with other members of Marketing Science, Customer Experience and Innovation and additional stakeholders to support multichannel marketing analysis and insights development.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for providing guidance to internal stakeholders on multichannel/digital analytics, transforming business goals into measurable KPIs, supporting the development of statistical analysis on multichannel/digital marketing activities and supporting ad hoc requests. Additionally, the Multichannel Digital Analyst will be expected to extract, clean and manipulate large, complex data sources and leverage BI tools like Qlik Sense or Tableau to create multichannel marketing datasets, reports and dashboards. We are looking an analytical thinker who can define problems, extract key information from data and develop, test and verify solutions. The successful candidate must have a passion for problem solving, be delivery focused, eager to learn and apply new skills, technically savvy and an exceptional communicator.
- Degree or MSc in Mathematics, Analytics, Data Science, Marketing, Advertising or Computing.
- Multichannel marketing/digital analytics experience, ideally in a pharmaceutical, agency or other commercial environment.
- Hands on experience with web, search and social analytics software - Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics/Omniture, Sprinklr or similar tools.
- Experience analyzing and reporting on paid, owned and earned media channel performance, analyzing TV and print desirable.
- Ability to manipulate and visualize large and complex data sets to effectively communicate insights and opportunities.
- Perform ad-hoc data investigation and queries to address an immediate business question and report data via cross-tabs, pivot tables, charts, basic statistics, distributions and correlations. Also, automate reports and build interactive dashboards if certain ad-hoc requests become needed on a regular basis
- Experience with customer journey analytics, including touchpoint/pathway analysis, conversion analysis and customer segmentation.
- Experience with BI and data visualization – Qlikview, MicroStrategy, Tableau, D3js or similar tools.
- Sufficient knowledge of the domain (or willingness to learn) such that the individual has credibility with the business and can work independently with relevant data sources, systems and tools to enable project progression.
- Ability to explain complex methods and techniques succinctly to a non-technical audience.
- Project delivery and business analysis experience.
- Good communication skills and facilitation skills with the ability to work with others to achieve objectives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in MS Office products - Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of multichannel/digital marketing and advertising.
- Experience with SAS, R Studio or Python to conduct data aggregation/manipulation and statistical/predictive analysis of multichannel/digital marketing promotion activities.
- Working knowledge of statistical analytics approaches, such as multiple and logistic regression, decision trees and hypothesis testing, within the context of multichannel/digital marketing.
- Experience extracting and analyzing data from CRM systems such as Marketo, HubSpot or Adobe Campaign.
- Strong business writing skills, including the ability to write clear, concise PowerPoint presentations that summarize outcomes and insights in a straight-forward way.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a significant number of business leaders and cross-functional business partners.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with demonstrated ability to develop and effectively present succinct, compelling reviews of independently developed analyses infused with insight and business implications/actions to be considered.
- Strong organizational skills and time management; ability to manage diverse range of simultaneous projects.
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.