Mobile Systems Architect ARM
- Job ID #: 11515
- Job Category: Applications Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Central Engineering - OSS
- Department: Central Engineering - OSS Engineering
- Primary Country: USA
- Primary Location: San Jose (CA)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced systems architect, who wants a leading role influencing the future of mobile computing.
Arm’s success in mobile markets depends on the definition and creation of products that marry hardware and software requirements to form compelling solutions. Arm is building a team devoted to defining and building the best possible mobile systems, and further driving innovation in the mobile market. This team will work closely across Arm groups, and with partners across the ecosystem, including an exciting range of top-tier silicon providers (SiPs) and OEMs, as well as operating system vendors (OSVs), application, and middleware developers (ISVs).
We’re looking for an experienced Mobile Systems Architect, who can:
- Distil emerging mobile use cases, and evaluate their impact on system architecture.
- Co-ordinate activity within across Arm groups to explore, then define leading mobile systems. These systems will target a variety of Compute markets and price points.
- Provide thought leadership across the industry on what future mobile systems should look like.
- The successful candidate is expected to have a proven track record in developing and delivering technologies for the smartphone or computing markets. You will ideally have worked as a hardware OR software architect, or senior designer at an OEM, SiP or OSV.
- Key to role is the ability to lead and inspire your colleagues, as well as a deep understanding of how multiple layers of software and hardware work together in modern mobile systems.
What will I be accountable for?
- Work with partners and Arm teams to improve the state of the art system architecture for emerging mobile use cases including AR, VR, and machine learning
- Define and lead collaborative architectural exploration projects for those use cases
- Work within the team, then across Arm to align hardware and software roadmaps with emerging needs of SiPs, OEMs, and OSVs
- Maintain clear and effective communication with all stakeholders within Arm and externally
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelors (BS) or Masters (MS) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering - although other degrees will be considered with relevant work experience
- A minimum of 7 years expertise working on mobile compute platforms
- Proven excellence in one or more of: SoC, CPU, or Multimedia Systems architecture; Android, or Linux architecture
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
- Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personal impact / influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs. ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm San Jose office is nestled in California's Silicon Valley, just south of San Francisco. Serving as Arm’s North America headquarters, the office houses employees serving all divisions of Arm. World-renowned Stanford University is seen as a hub of innovation, helping to make San Jose one of the US’s fastest growing cities.
150 Rose Orchard Way
San Jose, CA 95134-1358