Memory Design Enablement Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 11940
- Job Category: Design Engineering
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Physical Design
- Department: Physical Design - Engineering
- Primary Country: USA
- Primary Location: Austin (TX)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the Role
As a Memory Design Enablement Engineer you will be a part of Arm’s Physical Design Group (PDG). ARM offers IC designers a wide range of choices from its broad portfolio of Artisan memory products. As a Memory Enablement Engineer your main responsibilities are for enhancement, development, and validation of various memory design and verification tools and methodologies. You will work as integral member of this small influential team to setup and enable our memory design teams; spread across multiple sites, to deliver high performance, low power memory designs. You have the opportunity to analyze and validate memory flows, solve complex methodology problems, and devise new techniques for improving memory development. In addition, you will be responsible for methodology/flow improvements from the specification stage through to deployment and validation. ARM Artisan products have been used in circuits running as fast as 3GHz+ and are in production or development at cutting edge semiconductor processes for various foundries and IDMs.
What will I be accountable for?
- Analyze and document key foundry-provided PDK characteristics as needed by the design team. Analysis would include key characteristics such as bitcell write margin, bitcell read stability, device characteristics, and interconnect parasitics.
- Setup and maintain tools and flows required for the memory development team.
- Run and analyze industry-standard memory simulation tools to debug simulator issues and optimize tool settings for runtime and accuracy.
- Create scripts and tools as needed to be used by the memory design teams to improve productivity.
- Create specifications for new tools and methodologies, oversee the implementation of these tools and methodologies, and validate enhancements made by our design automation team.
- Interact, communicate, and collaborate with the design automation team and various other internal teams to drive the development of new tools and flows
- Communicate with EDA vendors to drive tool debug and enhancements for various process nodes
- Communicate with memory designers to understand their challenges and address their methodology requirements.
- Review existing tools and flows and proactively identify areas for improvement.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- A minimum of 2+ years of relevant industry experience required + Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Bachelors Degree + 5 years of experience relevant to the role will be considered.
- Excellent coding skills (Unix/perl/Makefiles/tcl/skill)
- Excellent Debug skills (Back End, Simulation, parasitic extraction)
- Experience with industry standard EDA tools for memory design and analysis from Cadence/Mentor/Synopsys.
- A good understanding of SRAM memory operation.
- Good communication skills.
- Experienced with memory design, development, and verification flows, preferred
- Experienced with aging modeling and variation modeling methodologies, preferred.
- Experienced with and understand EM and IR drop analysis tools and flows, preferred.
- Experienced with memory layout, preferred.
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At ARM, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs. ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The ARM Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735