Manager Packaging Material Engineering AstraZenecaLocation: Södertälje, Stockholm, Sweden
Job reference: R-017024
Posted date: Nov. 14, 2017
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality
Sweden Operations in Södertälje is one of the largest pharmaceutical manufacturing sites in the world. The site supply to 100 different countries and counts for ~35 % of the total volume of AstraZeneca’s sales, corresponding to 44 billion SEK 2015. The site has ~3500 employees. The site is also the primary launch within the AstraZeneca network and many of the products in AstraZeneca’s exciting pipeline will be launched from Sweden Operations over the next years.
We are now searching for a new Manager for one of our two Packaging Material Engineering Teams within Sweden Operations.
As Manager Packaging Material Engineering, you would be responsible for one of the Engineering Teams consisting of 8-11 Packaging Engineers. The team ensures functional packaging material and is responsible for maintaining, improving and changing packages & packaging materials to support our manufacturing facilities in continuous improvements and problem solving. The development of new packaging material is made in close collaboration with New Product Projects, Procurement and global functions. The team also work closely with internal and external suppliers and customers of AstraZeneca, whilst maintaining close collaboration with the Global Supply Chain functions.
The role holder would also be a key player in the Packaging Material Management Leadership team which is a vital function within Sweden Operations Sourcing & Supply. The role reports to the Director of Packaging Material Management.
This role is a key player within the Packaging Material Management Leadership team, having an important role to support the manufacturing and actively collaborate in the AstraZeneca network. The main responsibilities are:
- Setting of a continuous improvement culture within the team. Including ownership of standardized processes.
- Lead work to drive improved ways of working and efficiency improvements, both within own organization, within Packaging Material Management and together with other functions.
- Ensure that the organization maintains a high level of capability through targeted employee development and recruitment.
- Responsible for the development and improvement of existing packages, implementation of new packages, securing legislations and functionality of all packs.
- Ensure that the specification to suppliers and regulatory authorities are meeting regulatory requirements and are fit for production purpose.
- Support and secure new product introductions and tech transfers.
- Support and influence global functions to continuously improve and develop the supply chain and packaging processes of AstraZeneca.
- Lead and participate in projects and internal and global work teams.
Requirements - Education and Experience
Candidates are required to have relevant university education and/or a degree in engineering, combined with experience of manufacturing, supply chain management, quality or engineering. Previous leadership experience and a broad experience with handling issues and challenges in a matrix organization is valued, as is previous experience of pharmaceutical manufacturing.
The Packaging Material Engineering field within AstraZeneca is broad and complex with many local and global stakeholders, so it is important that candidates can demonstrate the ability to lead and act professionally in a global environment. Excellent communicator skills and fluency in English and Swedish (written and verbal) are required. Outstanding prioritization skills plus the ability to constantly identify opportunities and champion more effective ways of working is a key capability. Broad knowledge/understanding of Lean and continuous improvement is a desired prerequisite.
Finally, and most importantly, we are looking for a leader with a passion to develop people, drive cross-functional improvements and new ways of working and make a difference to patients.
For further information regarding this role please contact Christian Gröndahl - Director of Packaging Material Management, +46 70 553 83 00.
Welcome with your application no later than November 30, 2017.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status or any other.