Maintenance Technician AstraZenecaLocation: Newark, Delaware, United States
Job reference: R-011218
Posted date: Jul. 21, 2017
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Maintenance Technician in Newark, DE, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Maintenance Technician position is primarily responsible for the proper operation of the Site’s facility and production related control systems and instrument calibrations. Maintenance Technicians are required to provide technical support to the Maintenance Groups as well as to project engineers and supervisors working on a wide variety of facility and production related capital projects.
In addition to the general description of the parent profile role for this job function, the following summarize key result areas, specific accountabilities and / or tasks, etc. associated with this job title:
- Troubleshooting operational problems with facility or production related equipment or systems.
- Identification, installation and testing of instrumentation.
- Define PLC input and output requirements for facility and production equipment and other control systems.
- Write and edit PLC/HMI programs. Install and test these programs.
- Document all changes made to validated control systems as required by SOP’s in SAP and MDT
- Prepare software documentation to support validation work.
- Provide technical support for all phases of equipment and system validation.
- Review electrical drawings associated with new equipment procurement.
- Assist engineering personnel with the development of project specifications for new equipment.
- Act as technical liaison to contractor personnel who are performing activities on Site.
- Support the site’s capital program by participating in the design, review installation, and qualifying activities associated with capital projects.
- Support the compliance needs of the site by completing, and assisting others with, any required Change Control Documentation associated with Safety, Health, and Environmental or cGMP issues.
- Support the sites improvement initiatives for changeover reduction, root cause investigation, and asset performance
- Responsible for the calibration of instrumentation: loops, controllers, recorders, transmitters, balances and other devices used in pharmaceutical production. Parameters include, but are not limited to: temperature, pressure, weight, force and humidity.
- Manage the site test instrument standards program.
- Write and follow SOPs for the use, maintenance and calibration of instrumentation.
- A High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Thorough familiarity with the analysis and repair of electrical/electronic control systems.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic systems.
- Understanding of concepts used in control system design and elementary programming is required.
- Ten (10) years of maintenance experience in troubleshooting, installation, and repair of electrical/electronic system or an Associate’s Degree in a technical discipline and five (5) years of maintenance experience in troubleshooting, installation, and repair of electrical/electronic system.
- Strong organization, decision-making, judgment, and team-oriented skills are essential to manage multiple projects of variable complexity.
- Solid interpersonal skills are required in order to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization in various functional areas.
- Must possess strong written communication and documentation skills.
- One or more of the below qualifications as related to Instrument Calibrations:
- Successful completion of a post secondary education program in metrology.
- Demonstrated calibration experience in a government regulated industry such as pharmaceutical, nuclear or aviation.
- Armed services experience and training in a calibration function
- Professional certification from a nationally recognized body such as the Instrument Society of America (ISA)
- Company sponsored instrument apprenticeship/qualification program.
- Preferred background includes a thorough familiarity with the analysis and repair of electrical/electronic control systems and a working knowledge of pneumatic systems. Familiarity with HVAC controls, packaging, manufacturing and material handling equipment/systems is also desirable
- Strong background in mathematics and computer applications to include database management software and PLC/HMI operations
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.