INTERIM INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER (001452) Inmarsat
- Location: London, Greater London
- Employment type: Permanent
We are seeking a highly skilled and proactive Internal Communications Manager whose role will be to support the Internal Communications Director and lead on implementing activities within the internal communications strategy and plan across Inmarsat globally.
This is a new role so you will have the ability to influence and make an impact. The role will report to the Internal Communications Director. Key relationships will include senior leaders in the business, the Human Resources team, and corporate communications and marketing teams.
Key role responsibilities:
In particular, this role will:
- Manage and implement communications initiatives aligned to the internal communications strategy and plan, ensuring they are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders, and aims of the project are effectively met.
- To act as a point of contact on the management of internal communications, providing advice and guidance on messaging, the full range of existing internal communications channels and developing new activities as appropriate.
- Proactively engage with our Internal Communications Champions network and stakeholders across the organisation to deliver agreed deliverables.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all channels and work closely with external communications teams to align internal and external messages.
- Plan, edit, write and publish content for a variety of internal communications across channels, such as for our intranet, All Staff quarterly meetings, regular ‘wrap-up‘ bulletins and emails, while also managing subject matter experts to provide content.
- Use a range of channels and integrated programmes to communicate with employees internally.
- Draft messages or scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form.
- Respond to feedback from employees and adjust communications content accordingly.
- Ensure all internal communications activities are fully evaluated, support the overall communications strategy and reflect the key messages of Inmarsat.
Key skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level or higher with at least 5 years relevant communications, engagement and project management experience.
- Evidence of developing and delivering an internal communications plan to high standards and to a range of audiences across role levels and geographies, as well as utilising varied channels and measuring impact of initiatives on engagement.
- Expert written and verbal communication skills, particularly in clearly communicating the vision and key messages of programmes.
- Experience at managing conflicting requests and priorities, as well as setting and delivering to realistic deadlines.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving, with the ability to translate ideas into actions and outcomes.
- Proven ability to effectively collaborate, influence and manage a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience working with Adobe Creative software - Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator is desirable.