I & C Technician II - (Frederick, MD) AstraZenecaLocation: Frederick, Maryland, United States
Job reference: R-015013
Posted date: Oct. 12, 2017
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to change lives and you thrive when making brave decisions – join us.
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives every day. As one of the world’s premier biotechnology companies, our mission is centered on delivering life-changing products that advance world health, and help fight and cure disease. As an I&C Technician II in Frederick, MD you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
We’re constantly pushing the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, with a passion for discovery and a pipeline to show for it. We’re pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas including oncology, respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity, cardiovascular and metabolic disease, and infection and vaccines. And we’re industry-leading in immunology, protein engineering and translational science. We offer a unique and strong collaborative network as part of the AstraZeneca family, as together we explore synergies between small and large molecules.
MedImmune has a dynamic environment that fosters collaboration and innovation. We attract top minds, and we nurture and build top talent.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The I&C Technician II will be required to perform routine calibration, preventive maintenance and repairs to instrument systems and components of laboratory equipment, production equipment, central utilities and building management systems. You will troubleshoot problems in the event of instrument failure and be able to recommend parts needed for the effective repair. You will be required to assist manufacturing and facilities personnel in troubleshooting and diagnostic analysis on process and utility equipment. You will assist, as needed, in performing troubleshooting and repairs efforts as assigned. You will use basic hand tools, utilize precision measuring instruments, and read electronic schematics. You must be able to read, write and utilize drawings, mathematics and handbook formulas. You will reach mechanical schematics and piping diagrams P&ID’s. You must be able to work in a clean room environment. You must possess computer skills, be detail oriented and be able to complete any required documentation in a timely manner. You must have ability to communicate, both orally and written, in a clear and concise manner.
- Full knowledge of the job.
- Substantial acquaintance with and understanding of general aspects of the job with a broad understanding of the detailed aspects of the job.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Freedom to Act:
- General supervision and instructions given for routine work and detailed instructions given for new activities or special assignments.
- Errors can be detected and corrected but may cause moderate loss of time or customer/user dissatisfaction.
- Contacts are typically with individuals within own department and occasionally with contacts outside own organization.
- Contact will include area/equipment managements.
- Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data requiring some explanation or interpretation as well as coordination of activities.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma, technical school, or Military training and experience in relevant field.
- Preference will be given to biotech/pharmaceutical experience.
- 3 to 5 years in a technical industry performing instrumentation calibrations
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.