Graduate Software Engineer - Wireless ARM
- Job ID #: 11806
- Job Category: Software Engineering
- Employment Type: Graduates
- Division: Wireless Business
- Department: Wireless Software
- Primary Country: USA
- Primary Location: San Diego (CA)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As a Graduate level Software Test Engineer, you will be part of ARM’s Wireless Business Unit focused on developing low power wireless IP for the rapidly growing IoT market. Our wireless software group designs, codes, and tests the standards-based protocol software that is essential to our complete wireless solution. This is an opportunity to join a growing team of world class engineers creating the next generation of low power wireless technology.
You will work under the guidance of senior engineers to test and verify our wireless protocol software. You will develop a strong understanding of our software products and industry standard wireless protocols like Bluetooth or 802.15.4. You will also develop expert-level knowledge of script languages such as Python.
• Write test plans and implement test scripts.
• Maintain internal test tools and test automation systems.
• Perform interoperability testing with different radios and devices.
• Perform initial assessment test failures.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
Bachelors or Masters in computer science or related field
Understanding of computer architecture
Programming experience, preferably in C or Python
Experience with embedded programming or communication protocols is preferred but not required
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs. ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
With one of the best climates in North America, San Diego is a cosmopolitan city with plenty of beaches, sunshine, gardens, galleries and museums that add to the city’s diversity. ARM San Diego is a growing office, with people from business units such as Sales, Marketing and Wireless Software.
5375 Mira Sorrento Place
San Diego, CA 92121