Graduate Software Engineer - Enterprise Networking ARM
- Job ID #: 11569
- Job Category: Software Engineering
- Employment Type: Graduates
- Division: Central Engineering - OSS
- Department: Central Engineering - OSS Engineering
- Primary Country: USA
- Primary Location: Austin (TX)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for a graduate software engineer who has passion and energy to join Enterprise Software team in ARM's Central Engineering – Open Source Software Group.
Job Purpose & Accountabilities
As a graduate software engineer of Enterprise Software team, you will focus on open source software for enterprise networking on ARM architecture. You will be working with ARM internal teams as well as other partners to help develop, enable, optimize, and test open source software stacks related to enterprise networking to help ARM strengthen enterprise software ecosystem for networking.
You should be flexible with a variety of software development skills as well as the dedication to extend the breadth and depth of your knowledge
Who are you?
You should have a Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other engineering degrees with relevant experience.
What is important to be successful in the role?
- You are familiar with C/C++, assembly language and Linux programming.
- You have knowledge of one or more script languages such as Python, Perl, and etc is a good plus.
- You have an understanding of computer architecture, operating systems, data structure, algorithm, and concurrent programming.
- Experience with TCP/IP stacks is helpful.
- Experience in distributed version control systems, such as Git.
- Self starter, good analytical skills.
- Fluent in English. Clear and effective written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Good teammate, flexible, and willing to take challenges.
What skills are very helpful?
- Familiar with open source project development cycles and contribution process.
- Experience in software development and optimization on ARM architecture.
- Familiar with Linux Kernel module development.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
- Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve the best outcome for both.
- Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personal impact / influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs. ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The ARM Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735