Graduate SW Applications Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 12216
- Job Category: Applications Engineering
- Employment Type: Graduates
- Division: Partner Enablement
- Department: Partner Enablement - Engineering
- Primary Country: S.Korea
- Primary Location: Seoul
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Arm’s Partner Enablement Group provides application engineering services to Arm’s IP licensees with the goal of enabling mutual success through securing volume shipment of Silicon Chips. We are now seeking a highly motivated and extremely capable early career / recent graduate engineer to join our existing media IP SW driver support team. There are three roles available. The location will be in Seoul, South Korea.
Following a period of training on Arm’s products, you will work within the media support team to provide in-depth technical software support to regional GPU, Video and Display Processor customers. As part of your job, you will communicate with customers through multiple means (primarily email, telephone and video conferencing) and will occasionally be required to travel to co-engineer with customers at their premises.
You will work with the team to create training material and application notes to help teach customers about Arm’s media technology. In addition, you will be supported in developing your skills as an Arm Trainer in order to co-present training classes to our customers worldwide.
The successful applicant will also be expected to spend some time each year updating their technical product knowledge at one of Arm’s media IP design centres in either Cambridge, UK; Trondheim, Norway or Lund, Sweden.
Good university degree in Computer Science or Electronics Engineering; Post Graduate degree preferred. Other engineering or science subject graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience.
• Desire for customer interaction and helping other solve complex technical problems.
• Kernel and Device Driver development and deployment, ideally for Android
• 3D graphics technology and standards such as OpenGL, OpenGL ES, Direct3D, DirectX and EGL
• Strong software design, coding and debug skills.
• Knowledge of GPU and/or CPU architecture with an excellent understanding of the interaction between software and hardware.
• Knowledge of embedded operating systems, device drivers, microprocessor and embedded system hardware architectures
• Knowledge of Khronos multimedia standards and Microsoft standards
• Knowledge of Windows and UNIX development environments
• Knowledge of the Arm architecture, Arm assembler
• Knowledge of heterogeneous compute, ideally GPGPU/OpenCL.
• Relevant experience (1-2 years), not necessarily in a customer facing role. Recent, or soon-to-be, graduates without relevant commercial experience are encouraged to apply.
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively in both written and oral form, with colleagues and customers, including good written and spoken English.
• Self-driven, able to organize own time and work well under pressure in a team.
• Must be willing to travel on a regular basis
• Must be willing to be flexible and accept new challenges.
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
• Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
• Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
• Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
• Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
• Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
• Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Statutory Social Benefits: - National Pension, health insurance,unemployment insurance, accident insurance & Maternity - Work related injury
- Commercial Benefits: - Medical, Travel & Life Insurance - Annual Health Check
- Allowances: Meal, Transportation & Child care (if applicable)
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, congratulations, fitness, car mileage, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The ARM Korea office is located in Seongnam, 26km southeast of Seoul, mostly consisting of Sales and Marketing covering key silicon partners such as Samsung, Hynix and LG as well as many fab-less companies, government sectors and universities. A satellite city of Seoul, Seongnam is home to K League football club Seongnam FC, winners of 7 league titles and 2 Asian Champions League titles.
7th Floor KyungDong B/D
4, SunaeRo 46 BeonGil