Graduate GPU Software Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 11627
- Job Category: Software Engineering
- Employment Type: Graduates
- Division: Central Engineering - Media
- Department: Central Engineering - Media Engineering
- Primary Country: China
- Primary Location: Shanghai
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role：
As part of our GPU software Team in Shanghai, you have a unique opportunity to work on cutting edge technology with a high-performance team. If you would like to shape the future of mobile devices, then read on !
The Media Processing Group (MPG) produces graphics, video and display hardware as well as software products for mobile and embedded devices. The Mali™ range of Media Processors offers an advanced, programmable architecture for hardware acceleration of 2D and 3D graphics and video. Our flagship Mali processors set a new standard for performance, while continuing the ARM tradition of low-power consumption. Our hardware is supported by high performance software drivers for multiple different operating systems, including Android, Linux and Windows.
What will I be accountable for?
We are now hiring in the GPU Team and looking for software engineers who have recently graduated and who have strong interest in programming, to improve and maintain our GPU software driver. In the job, you will learn more about graphics driver and GPU hardware. The role involves cooperating with other GPU teams in Europe as well.
So, if you are looking to kick-start a successful engineering career with a world-leading organization, in a vibrant and flexible team environment where your hard work will be recognized and rewarded, then we want to hear from you today!
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
Education & Qualifications
• Masters or PhD (computer science or electronics engineering) with good academic record
Skills & Experience
• Strong C programming skills
• General programming and scripting skills (e.g. C++, python, bash)
• Familiar with Linux or Android development environment
• Knowledge of graphics technology and standards such as Vulkan, OpenGL/OpenGL ES, D3D is a plus
• Knowledge of operating system such as Linux kernel and device driver is a plus
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
• Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
• Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
• Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
• Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
• Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
• Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Statutory Social Benefits: - Medical, Pension & Maternity - Work related injury - Unemployment & Housing fund
- Commercial Benefits: - Medical, Travel & Life Insurance - Annual Health Check
- Allowances, Transportation & Meal
- Sick Leave, 6 days annually
- Holiday, 12 days for the 1st year increasing 1 day every calendar year up to 20 days maximum
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, holiday gifts, congratulations, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The ARM Shanghai office serves as ARM’s Asia regional headquarters, with staff from the Media Processing, Partner Enablement, System & Software, Sales, Marketing and Administration departments. Shanghai is the largest city in China by population, and a popular tourist destination renowned for its historical landmarks such as The Bund, City God Temple and Yu Garden, to name a few.
ARM Electronic Technology (Shanghai) Co. Ltd.
Building 11, Shanghai Business Park III
No 1016 Tianlin Road
P.R. of China