Global Medicines Development-Transformation leader: Clinical Start Up and Execution AstraZenecaLocation: Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Job reference: R-015867
Posted date: Oct. 23, 2017
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re demonstrating we are a new kind of organisation, resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can do and following the science. We’re continually exploring new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge approaches and bringing diverse teams together to deliver exceptional results which are changing the way diseases are treated.
At AstraZeneca, we don't follow the crowd and we don’t expect our people to either. To develop life-changing medicines and make a difference to patients we approach problems in a different way – agile and nimble, and focused on what our people need to make ground-breaking discoveries and accelerate the development and launch of new medicines.
Global Medicines Development is one of the largest organisation in AstraZeneca with 4300 employees, working in more than 40 countries globally
We started our transformation journey in 2016, launching a new operating model to optimize our drug development activities, which is already achieving significant benefits, including simpler, streamlined ways of working and productivity improvements.
Now we are further accelerating our transformation efforts to ensure we leverage the best in new technology and leading-edge capabilities to keep us at the forefront of future drug development.
The transformation programme is sponsored by the Chief Medical Officer of AstraZeneca and will change the way we run late stage programmes, with high visibility across senior leaders in AstraZeneca
To support this, we are establishing a GMD Transformation Office to drive the programme of work and we are looking to appoint a Transformation Leader: Clinical Start Up and Execution reporting directly to the VP Transformation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead all the project teams working on different areas of transformation within Clinical – this is the overall role within clinical to coordinate across multiple agile teams working on R&D Data Hub, new system implementation, new process changes etc
- Review strategic intent and benefits within GMD Transformation, and provide next level of roadmap planning, prioritising quick wins and areas of greatest benefit
- Lead governance for clinical working group
- Review and improve design solution with key stakeholders including GMDLT
- Identify changes required, resources, timing and other costs
- Drive implementation and updates to key stakeholders
- Senior leader for Clinical R&D Data Hub implementation related to clinical data
- Lead communications change management and, share success stories and learnings
- Lead programme to achieve benefits as identified in business case or higher
- Manage risk and issues within this area
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Strong knowledge of pharma late stage development
- Strong Project Management and experience on leading change programmes including significant IS/IT transformation
- Strong leadership skills and influencing skills
- Conflict resolution in a global matrix environment
- Proven history of delivering value to organisations through change
- Organizational agility -- builds consensus through formal and informal channels and relationships
We’re looking for someone who is organisationally “savvy”, dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers, with a strong bias for action and results, and an unwavering commitment to "do the right thing”.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law