Facilities Electrican Technician ARM
- Job ID #: 12168
- Job Category: Facilities
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Administration
- Department: Facilities
- Primary Country: UK
- Primary Location: Cambridge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The ARM UK portfolio of properties is going through significant change in 2017-18, not least at our global headquarters based in Cambridge.
The Cambridge campus currently consists of 5 buildings and a decked car park, from the end of 2017 this will double in size with the mobilisation of the new purpose built global HQ.
This is a landmark project for ARM – costing over £100m in its constructing, and housing exciting new technology, over 1,700 engineers and enabling a transformation of the way that the business works into the future.
The campus will continue to be redeveloped in line with the business objectives, and forecasted growth – and so there is an exciting few years ahead for the business in Cambridge.
ARM is looking to recruit for the new role of Facilities Electrical Technician as part of the Corporate Operations group reporting to the Campus Facilities Manager - UK (Property team).
The Facilities Electrical Technician will be responsible for ensuring the effective operation of building services plant, moves and changes – and electrical safety on campus. The teams core objective is to ensure that the campus and its associated services are run in an effective and professional way befitting a world leading organisation serving both ARM’s staff and its visitors.
This position will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to shape the future of our growing Building Operations team as an important member – and to capitalise on the opportunities that the new HQ buildings represent.
- Responsible for the electrical installation works on campus
- Responsible for co-ordinating compliance activities and PPM tasks
- Supporting space management through moves and changes and their associated electrical services (moving floor boxes, modifying and retesting circuits etc.)
- Ensuring ARM’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures are complied with
- Being an effective stakeholder point of contact for the team
- Acting as a key team member involved in the delivery and seamless integration and operation for the new HQ building and all its associated services (with the support of the project, and UKFM team)
- Day to day management of specialist sub contractors
- Support and contribute to the project delivery system for small and minor works, supporting the project team and co-ordinating meetings chaired by other FM team members and PM’s.
- Experience of managing electrical and building services sub-contractors
- Extensive experience in dealing with building services maintenance activity
- Working knowledge of PPM systems
- Experience of with an extensive stakeholder network (internal and external)
- Strong understanding of health, safety, energy & environmental and security requirements.
- Confident user of Microsoft Word and Excel, CAFM systems and AutoCAD
- Assertive, confident, organised and trustworthy personality.
- Strong customer focus and effective communication at all levels
- The ability to read design specifications and technical drawings
- Research suitable solutions and estimate costs and timescales
- Work to British (BS), European (EN) and other standards
- Liaise with others in the campus facilities team
- Electrical testing to the desired standards http://www.hse.gov.uk/electricity/standards.htm
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road