Engineering Maintenance Technician AstraZenecaLocation: Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Job reference: R-015739
Posted date: Oct. 17, 2017
Title: Engineering Maintenance Technician
Location: Liverpool, UK
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca. We work as partners in bringing life changing medicines to patients, sharing and benefiting from each other's strengths. When we see an opportunity for change we make it happen, so that nothing will hold back your creativity, drive and development. Together, we’ll show the world the pace that science can set.
The Engineering team are looking to hire a maintenance technician to provide professional engineering support to the MedImmune manufacturing facility in Liverpool. As a member of the existing technical team the position proactively contributes to the development of providing a World Class service to the site, ensuring an uninterrupted, stable and reliable operation of the site’s Manufacturing processes.
Please note this position is a shift based role that includes 1 block of 4 shifts in 3 being the night shift.
If successful you will have a number of responsibilities not limited to but including the following:
- All electrical and / or mechanical planned, unplanned maintenance, process automation support activities for the UK1 facility.
- To be skilled / multi-skilled in an engineering maintenance trade.
- To perform unplanned equipment repairs and complete planned maintenance activities as per the schedule.
- To proactively support the timely closure of assigned Quality Systems & SHE Trackwise records.
- You will have successfully undertaken a formal Engineering apprenticeship, and likely to have a minimum of a HNC academic qualification will have with the equivalent industry experience of working in Engineering services / facilities environment.
- Have served a formal engineering apprenticeship with a relevant extensive experience.
- Have experience of working in a regulated industry / clean room environment.
- Providing first line technical support and expertise to maintain and aid in technical investigations for the Maintenance Engineering and Facility plant and production equipment – included but not limited to the specialist manufacturing process equipment – e.g. Automated Harvester materials handling, vision inspection systems, packaging equipment, as well as utility systems, including: autoclaves, Building Automation System (BAS), etc.
- You must have people management experience of controlling visiting contractors, safe working methods and practices, the use of Permit to Work systems, including the reviewing of safe working methods and associated risk assessments.
- Must be familiar with the operation and maintenance of process controllers for HVAC systems and facility utilities and services.
- Preferably have practical working knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management System for the effective timely recording of engineering maintenance activities.
Opening date: 17th October 2017
Closing date: 18th November 2017
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.