ERP SOLUTION AND INTEGRATION ARCHITECT (001451) Inmarsat
- Location: London, Greater London
- Employment type: Permanent
Primary role purpose:
This role will lead and champion the strategic direction of Inmarsat’s SAP application portfolio and the wider IT Cloud First strategic direction. This will require working closely with Cloud Architecture, Data Architecture, Enterprise Architecture and SAP teams as well as other groups within Inmarsat including; infrastructure, networks and security to ensure that all solutions, systems and business capabilities deliver against all functional and non-functional requirements.
You will provide a breadth of knowledge across the SAP landscape to support the design and delivery of integrated solutions across FICO, SD, MM, BI and Portals. Use your broad experience to ensure that there are no gaps in the interconnection between systems and that we have a fully integrated solution that meets are business needs
As the Solution and Integration Architect you will be responsible assessing available technologies and recommending solution options according to strategic business requirements. You must be comfortable with designing and implementing solutions, systems and business capabilities that make well considered and acceptable choices between the use of SAP and other system capabilities. That can provide a de-coupled service oriented, cloud first enterprise architecture in a manner that restricts vendor lock-in and that promotes agility through SOA approach.
- Provide SAP platform and development standards for project teams in order to develop solutions that leverage SAP best practice and comply with Inmarsat’s architecture standards.
- Provide alternatives to business stakeholder based on best practices and SAP functionality.
- Lead platform and development strategy for SAP to ensure solutions are leveraging optimized tools and system capabilities.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of IT industry best practices, technologies, architectures and emerging technologies
- Collaborate with other solution architects and designers, business analysts and project managers on a wide range of technology projects, including software development, package implementations, and infrastructure upgrades/changes
- Provide and develop ERP/SAP knowledge (technical and business oriented) to enabling innovation. Seeking to leverage IT trends to create business value consistent with Inmarsat’s strategy and business requirements
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the within the organisation and our delivery partners. This includes senior stakeholders
- Fosters and maintain good relationships with customers and colleagues to meet expected customer service levels
- Support the development of technical and business capabilities of the wider ERP team, developing existing staff as well as recruitment
- Takes ownership of continuous improvement within the ERP solution
- Identify, plan and implement opportunities for automation, cost savings and service quality improvements
- Responsible for the system landscape and ensuring that Inmarsat are at the required support levels
- Any other reasonable duty or request
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
You will be a well-rounded and versatile individual capable of speaking the same language as the finance / procurement / material management / supply chain business users as well as having a strong technical understanding of the SAP applications.
You will bring an innovative and change-oriented personality that is tempered with sufficient political savvy to achieve immediate business improvements in areas of the SAP environment that have been previously deemed as being difficult, or unchangeable
- Expertise in interpreting business, technical, and non- functional requirements and implementing solutions that comply with these requirements in large-scale, mission-critical applications
- Expertise in solution architecture integrating and orchestrating SAP together with other organisational large-scale, mission-critical application and in making architectural and solution decisions about the appropriate platform or platforms for solution implementation
- Ability to “think big” and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology options and hype
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, with excellent presentation skills and the ability to adapt to differing audiences, effectively communicating complex technical issues.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus amongst many stakeholders
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to promote open communication and teamwork
- Experience with enterprise architectural frameworks, service oriented architecture and microservices architectures in a cloud context
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing global cloud based solution architectures, particularly those using DevOps and agile practices for implementation
- Extensive experience in designing SAP integrated solutions, with an excellent track record and proven ability to produce effective, innovative solutions on an enterprise scale.
- Expert level knowledge of SAP development functionality and implementation methodologies.
- Excellent team building and leadership skills, with ability to multitask in an entrepreneurial environment
- Vendor and consulting management experience. Experience in evaluating and selecting sourcing alternatives
- SAP Business Blueprinting incl. process design and Gap analysis
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering, business or other relevant field.
- Strong understanding of change management issues and methodologies
- Demonstrates and leverages strong business and financial acumen
- Proven leadership ability with high energy and enthusiasm to inspire and motivate others
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team and experience working with multi-national teams
- Ability to lead change while achieving business goals and objectives
- Hands-on, results-oriented and pragmatic
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Excellent listening skills with a strong ability to build cross-functional relationships
- Exceptional financial management skills, with an ability to anticipate potential issues and propose mitigation plans
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional depth of process, methodology and procedure experience. Understanding of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library Model).
- Certifications in relevant functional areas of SAP are advantageous