Director Automotive Solutions & Platforms ARM
- Job ID #: 11890
- Job Category: Vertical Marketing
- Employment Type: Experienced Professionals
- Division: Embedded & Automotive
- Department: Embedded & Auto marketing
- Primary Country: USA
- Primary Location: Austin (TX)
- Additional Country: USA
- Additional Location: San Jose (CA)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm technology has shipped in over 100 billion compute devices worldwide. We are looking for a proven strategic marketing leader who can lead Arm’s automotive team to drive adoption of Arm technology in the automotive market.
Reporting to the Head of Automotive and Industrial business line this a strategic role that defines and drives execution on Arm’s automotive and Industrial strategy. The critical measurements of the team are based on driving the mid-to-long term automotive market strategy, creating OEM and Tier 1 pull, driving design wins versus competitive architectures and working with sales to drive short-term licensing opportunities and long-term strategic engagements. This team will also be responsible for driving the software ecosystem engagement and strategy for Automotive. The automotive team will also be contributing to Arm product roadmap and marketing strategies, and collaborating with Arm partners and the wider ecosystem.
What will the team and myself be accountable for?
- Leading a team of highly experienced automotive marketing experts based around the world.
- Developing and leading Arm’s automotive strategy internally and drive execution of the strategy externally leading to Arm’s market success as measured by market share.
- Orchestrate the team to work with various product groups and internal stake holders to ensure that they have a clear understanding of market requirements.
- Work with key automotive ecosystem partners to identify and address market gaps.
- Developing requirements for proof of concepts and orchestrating partners to support them.
- Identification of system and software requirements and specifications for key automotive functions.
- Work effectively with Arm’s management team and partners to coordinate the roadmap and influence and align with others.
- Manage customer expectations; negotiate solutions to complex problems with both the customer and third-party partners.
- Support relationships with OEMs and Tier Ones to be their trusted advisor
- Own Arm’s outbound marketing in the Automotive segment. Work with our marketing team to develop targeted collateral and web content and compelling thought leadership materials. Present Arm at conferences, fairs and trade shows as well as Arm-internal events
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- 5+ years’ experience in the automotive market with first-hand experience of car makers, their Tier One suppliers and in turn their semiconductor suppliers.
- Wide understanding of automotive market from drivetrain, to body, IVI, ADAS and autonomous driving.
- 10+ years marketing and business development experience.
- Proven strategic marketing experience, the ability to develop and drive long term business plans.
- Proven experience in leading a worldwide team, and developing them to their full potential.
- Experience working with customers and partners around the world.
- University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel around 30% of the time
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs. ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The ARM Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735