CATEGORY SPECIALIST (001385) Inmarsat
- Location: London, Greater London
- Employment type: Permanent
Inmarsat has recently established a Global Procurement team who will support the organisation, both today and in the future. The business has been acquisitive and is going through a period of integration and consolidation. To support this exciting transformation we are establishing a team of Category experts to support the existing team in leveraging further procurement opportunities and cost control across the business.
As Category Specialist - Corporate Services you will operate strategically across a diverse spend portfolio to include - Finance, Legal, HR, FM, Freight, Travel and other professional services.
The Category Specialist will support the Category Director in developing, agreeing and implementing a category strategy that ensures that goods and services are procured in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Support the Category Director in developing and managing a category management approach to specific areas of spend.
- Develop, lead and deliver category and sub-category strategies and procurement projects within the overall category programme (as agreed with the Category Director), such that the relevant internal team is supportive and clear on the vision, strategy and implementation process.
- Provide support, advice and guidance to managers, and lead on areas such as market analysis, supplier development, tender processes, data analysis and negotiation to ensure savings are delivered within a best practice framework.
- Lead on related category negotiations with suppliers to ensure savings are achieved, and value for money and efficiencies are secured for the business.
- Develop and deploy expertise within a particular area of spend (category) as required to achieve best value procurement solutions.
- Develop and manage relationships with key suppliers that contribute to capacity and capability development, enhance control of the supply chain, process improvement and promote a partnering approach to managing contracts.
- Devise, collect and analyse spend and market data in support of procurement strategies including collaborative working and shared services.
- Produce and manage sourcing activities (RFx) for key areas of spend within the category
- Manage significant and complex supplier contracts in line with policies and procedures to drive both value and compliance for the Company
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent category management skills and experience in sourcing a broad range of good and services in relevant category area.
- Evidence of developing and implementing category strategies either in a leading or supporting role
- Strong negotiation and stakeholder management skills
- Management of end to end RFP processes, contract award and supplier management
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Educated to degree level
- CIPS or working towards
- Experience working in a complex global or multisite FTSE100/FTSE250