BM AstraZenecaLocation: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
Job reference: R-002519
Posted date: Jan. 03, 2017
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES 主 要 职 责
Key Result Areas
(in order of importance) % of Time Key Tasks Performance Indicators
Understands the customers and environment: conducts market research
- Listens actively to customers
- Identifies the need for market research (e.g. gaining customer insight, adoption tracking, test positioning and messages, message recall test, pricing etc.)
- Prepares a comprehensive and clear market research brief
- Analyses agencies’ proposal and identifies the right agency for research, manages and monitors research project with agency
·Analyses and interprets the research data presented to assist in strategic decision
- Clear plan with detailed outputs, timelines and measures
- Completion of research on time within budget
- Correct identification of research elements and selection of research agency
- Research data applied effectively to marketing plans
- Impact measured by sales, market share, costs savings in line with plan
Formulates & develops marketing strategies, including 5-year IBR/Strategic Plan
- Gathers market data on environment, epidemiology, customers & patients needs, treatment map, competitors.
- Conducts situation analysis, with input from internal & external stakeholders.
- Elaborates clear SWOT, resulting in identification of Key Issues .
- Performs risk analysis, including NPV.
- Formulates the Marketing Mix (product, price, place, promotion).
- Develops forecasting based on patient dynamics for the planning period.
- Develops positioning and communication strategies.
- Alignment of strategic marketing plan objectives to sound market research findings
- Plan reflects conclusions based on qualitative and quantitative data
- Approval of marketing strategy by Marketing Manager/Director
- Evidence of communication strategy/plan
- Clear action plans
- Clear measures of ROI
Implements the Marketing Strategy, through annual/cyclical plan of action (POA)
- Involves medical, sales, regulatory team to input and validate communication, medical education tools.
- Inline with plan, delivers, arranges, conducts and co-ordinates the implementation of critical external stakeholder activities including advisory boards, symposia, CME’s, exhibitions, conferences and meetings.
- Monitors and measures implementation of the plan against agreed measures (i.e. market growth, AZ product growth and market share).
- Manages the forecasting and inventory process to ensure correct stock levels
- Understands and is familiar with P&L dynamics and maximises these to achieve profit goals
- Activities as per plan completed for internal customers on time
- Activities as per plan completed for external customers.
- Feedback ratings from customers and sales team positive regarding events and activities held
- Actual number of CMEs activities vs plan
- IMS results and other external references against budget
- Expense and A& P budgets; spend vs budget
- Accuracy of forecast vs actual reflected by any stock outs or delays due to stock problems
Supports Sales team to deliver sales objectives & activities
- Co-ordinates and conducts product training.
- Develops creative product/brand campaigns reinforcing the positioning.
- Designs and develops promotional materials reinforcing the product/brand positioning and competitive advantage.
- Presents clear product and market strategy at cycle meeting to sales team.
- Evaluates effectiveness of promotional material with field force then conduct Recall Test, and adjusts as necessary.
- Manages and determines allocation of samples in line with product strategy, where relevant to the market.
- Plans and conducts field visits with sales team to monitor market dynamics.
- Sales team fully trained and functional on time and in line with plan, achieved at least 80% pass rates
- Completed time in field to support and train sales team
- Quality and timeliness of promotional materials accepted by sales teams, feedback positive from teams to PM
- Presents clear strategies and plans at cycle meetings, obtains support and enthusiasm for plans from sales teams
- Optimises sample allocation in line with the territories potential
Demonstrates high level of product knowledge and therapy area knowledge under responsibility
- Takes initiative to maintain and upgrade product knowledge through sourcing for product information, reading clinical reports/publications, medical journals.
- Identifies marketing opportunities based on medical information, market knowledge, and competitor knowledge.
- Regularly updates knowledge and disease area by attending medical conventions, and KOL interaction
- Understands treatment trends.
- Builds and maintains global AZ network and relationships through attendance of regional/global workshops.
- Able to demonstrate knowledgeable of products by discussing and educating on new studies/new information on product and disease.
- Adapts marketing plan and strategies based on new learnings.
- Attends at least 3 conventions/symposia annually as part of growing product knowledge
- Presents competitor tracking system
- Attends at least 1 regional/global workshop per year
Monitors performance and controls A&P budget
- Tracks monthly performance vs Budget, and analyse reasons for gaps.
- Reports performance against budget
- Completes required monthly administrative submissions on time (market intelligence, activity vs plan, spend vs plan, etc).
- Monitors and controls A&P budget.
- Submits monthly report interpreting the actual vs budget achievement, interprets results as necessary
- Completes documentation and administration accurately, on time and according in line with to the relevant policy
- Allocates, measures and accountable for A&P budget.
Team effectiveness, including AZ network
- Builds cross-functional team effectiveness with marketing, sales, regulatory, medical colleagues to ensure successful delivery of strategies.
- Shares best practice and learning with marketing colleagues to build knowledge and competence.
- Maintains good interpersonal relationships.
- Takes responsibility for own personal development.
- Interaction in team is positive and works as part of the team, behaviours are consistent with AZ performance culture.
- Evidence of knowledge-sharing within team through meetings, email, group discussions.
- Evidence of personal development plan in place
- Plans and attends training and development programs