2018 Software Engineering Graduate - Mali Tools ARM
- Job ID #: 11969
- Job Category: Software Engineering
- Employment Type: Graduates
- Division: Development Solutions
- Department: Development Solutions - Operations
- Primary Country: UK
- Primary Location: Cambridge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location: Cambridge, UK
The Development Solutions Group of ARM develops creative and leading-edge software development tools and hardware reference platforms required by customers developing ARM-based products. ARM technology is at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices.
About the role
The Development Solutions Group has a vacancy for Graduate Software Engineer in the Cambridge office focused around the following areas:
- Mobile Graphics Application Tools. The Mali Tools Team builds a variety of development tools for the Vulkan, OpenGL ES, and OpenCL GPU APIs. The tools cover all aspects of graphics application production, from content creation to debugging and performance analysis.
- System Profiling Tools. The team is also responsible for building system-wide performance analysis tools for ARM based systems. These tools allow developers to understand complex performance characteristics of an application by looking at more than just CPU bottlenecks. Both sets of tools are written in a combination of C/C++ and Java.
A Graduate position in the Development Solutions Group is best suited to an final student or recent Graduate with existing well-developed software skills and an ability to think through complex, abstract problems. You will work on several projects within the above teams, with senior ARM engineers acting as mentors and supervisors.
What skills, experience or qualifications do I need?
- On track to achieve at least a 2.1 in an University course with a significant programming and software engineering element such as Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: C/C++/Java, Eclipse framework, advanced Python/Ruby scripting, Linux, embedded software
- Interest and/or prior experience with software testing
- Interest and/or prior experience with build automation
- A professional manner with good communication skills
- An ability to understand complex, abstract problems
You will not be expected to have experience of the ARM architecture or computer graphics APIs (such as OpenGL ES or Vulkan), though this may be an advantage.
How to Apply
If you are passionate about this role, click ‘apply now’.
What does ARM’s recruitment process involve for Early Careers?
ARM hires early careers talent on a rolling basis and we have a limited number of roles available. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible to ensure you have the best chance of being considered. If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to take part in a digital video interview. If this interview goes well, we'll invite you to an onsite interview.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road