2018 Project Management Intern (2-4 months) ARM
- Job ID #: 11848
- Job Category: Project Management
- Employment Type: Students/Interns/Coops
- Division: Technology Services Group
- Department: Technology Services - Operations
- Primary Country: UK
- Primary Location: Cambridge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
What does the PMO do?
The Project Management Office (PMO) sits across all ARM business functions to ensure successful delivery of projects. The PMO has established a strong governance framework to ensure its work focusses on delivering maximum value. There is particular focus on Process; People; Tools; Data & Reporting.
- The project processes enable the different types of engineering/non-engineering projects delivered by ARM.
- New recruits are supported in becoming productive fast and existing Project Managers feel they are developing to meet the needs of an ever evolving business.
- Tools provided by the PMO underpin efficient and effective project delivery.
- Project data fuels reports that are used to help management understand status and support timely decision making.
What will I be doing?
This role will provide the PMO Intern with the opportunity to investigate how effective and efficient project delivery is across ARM. This work will involve
- Working across the various PMO disciplines (governance, process, people, tools, data & reporting) and internal customers to understand the current state of project delivery through quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- Validate findings with key customer groups;
- Develop project delivery insight, challenges, knowledge and investigate areas for improvement;
- Collate all findings into a report and present back to the PMO and Project Management Steering Team.
This work will provide the successful applicant with a deep insight into project delivery at ARM globally and allow them to engage with many stakeholders around the organization. They will be developing material that will be directly used by the PMO and PMST to drive business change.
What interests of skills might you have?
The following list is to be used as a guide and is not a precise list of what we are looking for. It should be used to highlight the wide variety of skills we are passionate about as a group;
- Business Analysis: You could be someone who has engaged with customers and documented their requirements undertaken analysis to support the selection of a tool or approach.
- Project Management: You may not be the finished article but possibly lead projects during University courses or as part of outside interests and really enjoyed driving that delivery.
- Software Engineering: You may have developed software tools to provide ways to automate repetitive tasks or improve efficiency. Working with MS Office product tools tend to be written in VBA though experience of other programming languages is always relevant.
- Business Intelligence: You could have worked with data to extract, massage, combine and report on data sets to develop insight and intelligence. Dashboards are becoming popular so experience in visualising data sets could be valuable.
- Training: You may have spent time developing or delivering training courses, guides or eLearning modules that support professional development.
What will we expect of you?
As a member of the team we will look for you to:
- Collaborate and work collectively with others around the organisation building trust and credibility as you go. We will expect you to be selfless and to leave your ego at the door as you come in. We describe this as, ‘we, not I’.
- Express the passion and pride in what you do, to challenge through debate and discussion and to embrace and drive progress and change within the organisation. We associate this as, ‘passion for progress’.
- Be empowered to take an active part in ARM and help shape the future. ARM people are expected to be themselves, be extraordinary, be creative and to have fun in the working environment. We articulate this as, ‘be your brilliant self’.
Additionally, we are likely to find you have some of the following attributes – though not necessarily all of them;
- Be working towards a degree in an engineering, computer science, business or project subject;
- Have experience of the MS Office applications;
- Demonstrate an ability to work positively with the full range of individuals and groups;
- Be driven and enthusiastic with a ‘can-do’ attitude with a strong sense of ownership to get the job done without upsetting others;
- Demonstrate good analytical skills;
- Obtain excellent written and oral communications skills and strong interpersonal skills that can be executed credibly to inspire confidence in you and the delivery of the project.
- A strong problem solver with a pragmatic and tenacious attitude to seek out resolutions.
How to Apply
If you are passionate about this role, click ‘apply now’.
We are currently only able to support applications from candidates who are already eligible to work and live in the UK. This might also include individuals who are currently under the Tier 4 study visa scheme. Therefore, you will automatically be deselected if this requirement isn’t met.
What does ARM’s recruitment process involve for Early Careers?
ARM hires early careers talent on a rolling basis and we have a limited number of roles available. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible to ensure you have the best chance of being considered. If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to take part in a digital/ telephone interview. If this interview goes well, we'll invite you to a selection day/ onsite interview. We'll be holding selection days every month where you will have the opportunity to learn more about ARM and meet our teams in person.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road