2018 Machine Learning Graduate Software Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 11784
- Job Category: Software Engineering
- Employment Type: Graduates
- Division: Central Engineering - OSS
- Department: Central Engineering - OSS Engineering
- Primary Country: UK
- Primary Location: Cambridge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At Arm, we know that IP building blocks and SoC's are not enough to be successful in a market. The Business Segments Group acts to accelerate the adoption of Arm technology and open up new markets for Arm products by complementing the activities of our product groups and segment marketing team.
About the role
We are looking for people with an interest in the field of machine learning to join a small team of self-driven engineers investigating and developing state of the art machine learning algorithms and libraries. The role would focus on developing and porting libraries and frameworks to provide easy access to various Arm accelerators (CPU, GPU and fixed function hardware). Work could include both closed and open source efforts and would involve working with a wide array of hardware and software engineers, making sure that machine learning applications run well on Arm platforms.
- Write highly optimised neural network algorithms using SIMD technologies (NEON, OpenCL)
- Help with machine learning benchmarks on Arm platforms
- Work on infrastructure which measures the performance of different Arm IP
- Work on designing APIs for machine learning, including working on or providing feedback to shape machine learning frameworks (open source or proprietary)
- Work within a team of software engineers to develop and maintain the Arm Compute Library
Essential skills and experience
- Fluent in C++
- Knowledge of Arm NEON or other SIMD architectures or GPU programming (OpenCL, CUDA, SSE)
- Familiarity in developing compute-intensive applications
- Experience with API design or implementation
- Experience of optimising for Arm IP or other resource constrained systems
- Deep understanding of the software requirements for embedded and mobile systems, and low-level programming
- Some knowledge of machine learning, including some understanding of neural network approaches
- Able to write clear documentation and training material to help users understand an API
- Experience in assembler level programming
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road