2018 Intern, Enablement Verification ARM
- Job ID #: 11978
- Job Category: Software Engineering
- Employment Type: Students/Interns/Coops
- Division: Architecture & Technology
- Department: Architecture & Technology - Engineering
- Primary Country: USA
- Primary Location: Austin (TX)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
We are currently seeking a student to join our processor verification tools group- we build random test generators and coverage systems used to uncover bugs in almost every ARM architecture processor.
Who am I?
- Interested and knowledgeable in processor architecture and design
- Proficient in writing application software and supporting scripts- I wouldn’t hesitate to write a program to solve my problem
- Smart, motivated, and independent
- Driven to solve hard problems with scalable, flexible solutions
- Ready to work in a professional environment- I’ll have help, but I’m going to be treated as a developer on day one
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Pursuing Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Great verbal and written communication skills
What will I do?
- It depends! We try to match our intern to a task that joins their interest and abilities with our needs. We’ve previously had intern tasks like:
- Creating a new customer interface to quickly describe their processor
- Automatically select tests for end-to-end testing
- Extend our generators to support new ISAs
- Architect scenarios to look for bugs in a specific architectural feature
Applicants should have some knowledge through coursework or work experience in most of the following areas:
- · Microprocessor architecture and optimizations
- · Experience with C, C++, Python, Verilog or VHDL
- · Experience with assembly level programming or verification
- · Ability to cooperate and communicate well with processor design and verification teams
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs. ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735