2018 Hardware/Software Engineering Intern ARM
- Job ID #: 11796
- Job Category: Software Engineering
- Employment Type: Students/Interns/Coops
- Division: Central Engineering - Systems
- Department: Central Engineering - Systems Engineering
- Primary Country: Hungary
- Primary Location: Budapest
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is seeking highly motivated and creative interns with an engineering mindset to join our Budapest-based team to work on our state-of-the-art System-on-Chip design tools. You will work in a cross-functional Agile team of engineers to enable ARM’s partners to assemble complex SoC.
The position is a great fit for software engineer with a good understanding or background in digital electronics or a hardware engineer interested in working on more software oriented projects. You will gain exposure to leading edge design tools and the current challenges of automated System-On-Chip integration. You will also receive training in industry best practices regarding methodologies and development practices both in the hardware design and the software engineering domains.
- Develop and maintain interface collateral (importers, generators and other utilities) for IP tooling products.
- Work with EDA and industry partners to develop innovative algorithms and flows using the IP tooling products.
- Perform real-world testing of products and provide feedback to software development teams.
Are You a Good Fit for Arm?
In order to be considered, you will be on track to receive at least a B.Sc. in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant subject. Other degree types may be considered with relevant experience.
Essential skills and experience that we look for in a successful Hardware/Software intern include:
- Knowledge of common software development and test processes
- Good understanding of OOP principles
- Good working knowledge of one or more scripting languages (e.g. Ruby, Python, TCL)
- Exposure to Verilog and/or VHDL hardware description languages
- High levels of pro-activity and initiative
- Fluency in both written and oral English.
- Ruby programming experience
- Knowledge of IP/SoC design and verification methodologies
- Strong Linux skills
- Familiarity with industry-standard EDA tools and methodologies
- Experience with Test Driven Development practices
You should only apply for this vacancy if you are available for a 6 months placement.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical & Life
- Allowances, Transportation & Meal
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Others, SZEP card, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Budapest office is focused on design and verification projects from the Systems & Software and Partner Enablement teams. Often cited as one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, Budapest is an UNESCO World Heritage Site, along with the Banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter and Andrassy Avenue, making it one of the most visited cities in Europe.
Arm Hungary Kft.
1082 Budapest, Futó u. 45.
(Corvin Crystal Tower)