2018 Graduate Software Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 11729
- Job Category: Software Engineering
- Employment Type: Graduates
- Division: Technology Services Group
- Department: Technology Services - Engineering Flows
- Primary Country: UK
- Primary Location: Cambridge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is looking for a talented and enthusiastic graduate with the ambition to take a crucial role in the data engineering group of our TSG Engineering Analytics team.
The Arm Technology Services Group (TSG) is responsible for ensuring that we have a solid understanding of both the Arm engineering infrastructure and the Arm engineering workflows that run on top of it. It does this by applying a mixture of Data Engineering, Data Visualisation and Data Science disciplines to a variety of complex engineering problems. We extract information from large and complex data sets to enable data driven decisions and improved efficiency and effectiveness of engineering processes.
You will be someone with a keen interest in software and data engineering and who is able to quickly integrate into our dedicated and highly skilled group of professionals.
What will I be doing?
- You will be fully integrated into the team and brought up to speed with the aims, objectives and tasks of the team.
- You will undertake tasks that evolve in complexity as your experience grows, alongside your team colleagues, to ensure successful development, test and release of required product features. These tasks will typically include:
You will be inducted into the Arm Graduate Scheme – a 2 year programme that provides a comprehensive but gradual introduction to Arm, our vision, our mission, our core beliefs, to what we do and how we do it. This programme will allow you to experience the different roles that we perform, from product development through to product testing.
- Developing data transformations in our Spark-based infrastructure.
- Analysis of complex data sets.
- Developing dashboards and data visualisations using best visualisation practices and technologies.
- Developing UI’s to enable user interaction and management of data sources.
- Helping to build interpretations and insights of the data by engaging with the data owners.
- Testing analytics products.
- Raising/fixing/tracking/closing defects on analytics products.
Are you a good fit for Arm?
In order to be considered, you will be on track to receive or have received at least a 2.1 degree (or an equivalent qualification) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Maths or other relevant subject. Other degree types may be considered with relevant experience.
Skills and experience that we look for in a successful Graduate Software Engineer include:
- Proven experience in understanding complex problems and designing efficient solutions
- A visual mind; the ability to work with colleagues to use visualisations and analytics to solve problems
- Demonstrable ability to learn new skills, technologies and programming languages
- Collaborative working within a team to deliver a large project
- A self-motivated individual who can self-manage a small project
How to apply
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’.
Start date for this role is September 2018 but in some cases we may consider an earlier start date. Arm hires early careers talent on a rolling basis and we have a limited number of roles available. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible to ensure you have the best chance of being considered.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. ARM’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road