2018 Graduate Infrastructure Engineer ARM
- Job ID #: 11788
- Job Category: Software Engineering
- Employment Type: Graduates
- Division: Central Engineering - OSS
- Department: Central Engineering - OSS Engineering
- Primary Country: UK
- Primary Location: Cambridge
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As a member of the Infrastructure team, work will be a mixture of both development and support, ranging from implementation & deployment of core systems, to maintenance tasks and tutoring on how best to use the services we provide.
What will I be accountable for?
Our day-to-day work is dynamic and the following are examples of tasks you are likely to be involved in:
• Providing infrastructure solutions for development teams across IoT, mobile, enterprise and networking segments
• Multi site deployments, maintenance and performance optimisation of core systems
• Providing timely analysis and resolution of issues reported by our stakeholders
• Providing technical support, advice and direction to stakeholders
• Investigation and implementation of new systems/features
• Communication & collaboration with engineering IT and other ARM infrastructure groups
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
A successful candidate will be flexible, with a variety of software development skills and a commitment to extend the breadth and depth of their knowledge.
Education and Qualifications
Be the holder of a degree (2.1 minimum) in Computer Science or Information Technology, or other degree with relevant knowledge and experience.
Skills and Experience
• A demonstrable good level of proficiency in one or more programming languages such as Python, Java, C, C++, Perl and a willingness and capability to learn more.
• Some experience in Unix (Linux) Systems Administration and shell scripting
Some experience of one or more of the following technology areas would be desirable:
• Software build and test solutions such as Jenkins, Buildbot, LAVA.
• Version control and code review systems such as Git, Gerrit, Reviewboard
• Automation tools like Puppet, Ansible, Chef, CFEngine, Foreman
• Virtualization and cloud technologies such as Docker, Vagrant, OpenStack, OpenShift, RHEV etc.
• Monitoring, Metrics and results visualization tooling
• Development board build/test farm
• Web application development with Django or similar
You will make the biggest impact in this role if you are:
• Highly resourceful.
• Hard working.
• Passionate about making a difference.
• Able to work independently and in a distributed team
• Flexible and open to new challenges
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
110 Fulbourn Road