2018 Graduate Image Specialist ARM
- Job ID #: 11682
- Job Category: Software Engineering
- Employment Type: Graduates
- Division: Central Engineering - Media & Image
- Department: Central Engineering - Media & Image Engineering
- Primary Country: UK
- Primary Location: Loughborough
- Additional Country: UK
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the Role
As a Graduate Image Specialist, you will be joining the new Imaging and Vision Group (IVG) within Arm. IVG advanced imaging products are used in more than 1.5 billion smartphones and approximately 300 million other consumer/industrial devices including IP cameras, digital stills cameras and tablets. This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious engineers to work in a world-leading team.
Our Image Quality team play a critical role ensuring the quality of imaging products. This is a great opportunity for a willing-to-learn graduate to join the team in 2018, and play a key role in achieving the best image quality of our projects.
If you would like to find more about IVG and its products, please follow the links below:
Assertive Camera: http://www.arm.com/products/graphics-and-multimedia/assertive-camera
Assertive Display: http://www.arm.com/products/graphics-and-multimedia/assertive-display
Computer Vision: http://www.arm.com/products/graphics-and-multimedia/computer-vision
Why should I apply?
- You want to work in leading digital imaging and multimedia technology
- You are interested in image quality produced by our firmware and hardware algorithms used in digital cameras and display technologies
- You get to benchmark the very best cameras and display technologies in the market
- You get to see tangible results from your work
- You will have the opportunity to learn from the best engineers working and start a career in a leading imaging and vision technology group
If you are amazing at Image Quality metrics and techniques, or have a keen interest in the principals surrounding this then we would like to hear from you!
What will I be accountable for?
- Organising tests and experiments to achieve the best objective and subjective image quality in digital cameras and display technologies
- Identifying and solving image quality issues by fine-tuning modules of the image signal processor (ISP)
- Tuning, testing, and verification of a camera system (CMOS sensors, ISP, and optics).
What skills, qualifications and experience do I need?
- On track to receive a 2.1 (minimum) in Computer Science, Maths or similar degree subject, with a keen interest in photography.
- Experienced with digital photography and/or an enthusiastic photographer
- Familiar with image processing technics and concepts
- Good mathematical background in areas such as linear algebra and statistical theory
- Basic understanding of a camera system: CMOS or CCD sensor, ISP and optics
- Basic understanding of display technologies
- Familiar with 3A (Auto White Balance, Auto Focus, Auto Exposure)
- Familiar with C programming and MATLAB
- Good report writing skills and usage of Windows office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication, and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade, and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
How to Apply
If you are passionate about this role, click ‘apply now’. What does ARM’s recruitment process involve for Early Careers? ARM hires early careers talent on a rolling basis and we have a limited number of roles available. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible to ensure you have the best chance of being considered. If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to take part in a digital/ telephone interview. If this interview goes well, we'll invite you to a selection day/ onsite interview.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Located close to Nottingham and Leicester in the heart of the Midlands, our Loughborough office is home to the new Imaging and Vision Group, which provides solutions that will allow next generation devices to understand and act intelligently on information from their environment. With access to great shopping, year-round events and sport on your doorstep, Loughborough combines the charm of a small market town with a renowned university in Loughborough University.
1 Summerpool Road